Guys, Would It Be Acceptable For An Older Girl To Date A Younger Guy (Please Read Further)?

Hey, guys!

So, just Thursday, I was approached at work by this very sweet, attractive guy. Randomly, as I was sitting there, he came up and said to me, "You're gorgeous. Are you single?"

I said yes, of course, but, we never made any concrete plans for a date. At least not yet. And, he disappeared before I could ask him for a phone number. (I was a little too surprised to act quickly.) The only issue is that he may be younger than me. (I'm almost 25)

I don't particularly know this for a fact, but... He looks a little younger and, in his defense, I look closer to 19 than my actual age of 25. He seemed very sweet, though and I hope to see him, again.

So, if I do agree to go out with him and he is under 5 years younger than me, would it be odd for me to accept and date him? Or, would it just be a small detail to ignore? Please let me know your opinion! Thanks! 💜

7

Most Helpful Guy

• i see no problem if you estimated his age correctly. also i look 21 according to most of the girls that i talk to and i am actually 27. i surprised lots of girls when i told them.
    even teenagers coming up at me to flirt...
    i look a lot younger. girls so far seem to like this "youth gene" i carry.
    about genes... you did mention that you find him attractive. say you find out he is actually 25. would you consider that a quality or would it kind of turn you off?

• Actually, if he was 25, that would only be that much more of a turn on. And, I did look for him, today at work. But, no such luck. He lives in the area, near where I work, so... hopefully, I will see him again. He seems sweet.

• let me know if you meet him again, i'm curios to know. and best of luck!

• Haven't seen him since Saturday, which means he may be really young. In high school. But, haven't seen him yet. I'll let you know. :)

What Guys Said 6

• The age gap between the two of you doesn't seem that much. You should go out with him. If you find age/ maturity to be a problem then you can end it.

• It's great if he is above 18 .. You should go out with him.. I would be glad to go out with a girl till age of 30

• I'm a few years away from 30. No worries, there.

I'm only just going to be 25, in September! 😋

• You are like five years away from 30 you can have a 4yr kid with that boy before you turn 30

• Very true. For now, the hope is for a few dates and maybe a long term relationship. 😋 💜

• Go for it lot's of guys don't care about dating a woman who's a little older.

• big deal

• If she doesn't have a teaching bitchy attitude, why not?

• Hardly ever. Very calm, very accepting. And, inrerested in the idea of each person in a relationship having their own friends and interests. 😊

• It is ok then) I would like to date a 5 y. o older woman too, due to lack of maturity of 21 y. o girls in general.

• If you can have something in common with, go for it. 😉 💜

• Good. I don't think most guys care too much about age.