Is it EVER okay for a guy to share his insecurities with a girl?

Wow look at how polarized the responses are between girls and guys

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes just make sure you reveal things slowly don't dump it all on her at once lol. Just start off small when you start trusting her and keep slowly working things in. This should be true with any human of course, let people in at a slower pace to test the waters and definitely don't overwhelm people by dropping too many bombs at once.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a fuck!!!' Dude if you listen to any of these women, you are fucking killing yourself!

Number 1 rule of male attraction: dominance attracts. If you get insecure, it's not dominant. You want proof? Ask a question on gag saying "girls, would any of you date a guy on gag?" And all them would say no. That's the consequence of being vulnerable. Men come here and open up. Vulnerability. Only once you fucking her after several months, then get vulnerable.

What Girls Said 14

• It's completely okay, and even necessary for him to talk about those things with someone he is dating, so they can make sure those insecurities don't ruin the relationship.

• Good answer. In the past I revealed my insecurities too soon in the interactions. Which must've caused her to see me as too weak.

• She wouldn't have seen you as weak, but more be uncomfortable with you revealing that much too son.

• I don't see why not.

• not until there's a connection, i'd hate for some random guy to dump his baggage on me the first date. definitely later on, when we have trust and mutual respect between us.

• Yes, in fact I prefer it. I like guys who are open talking about this, It would be so great that we able to share and encourage each other to be more positive.

• Nothing is wrong but dont overdo it.. as in bringing everything up all at once.

• I think it's perfectly fine to share your insecurities it's part of you. Opening up to a women is the key to a better you and better relationship. :-)

• yes, it is

when there is trust between the people

• Yes, but choose a good moment. Don't bombard a woman you just met with your insecurities. Do it with a woman you've known for a while and whom you trust.

• of course. i'd actually feel closer to him if he shares such things with me

• The men's comments are ridiculous.

If she's a decent person, then it should be fine.

• YES it is :)

• YES. ABSOLUTELY.

• Of course. I'd love it if a guy shared his insecurities with me. I'm constantly worryingg about my own insecurities so it would be nice to know other people know how I feel. You're not weak. Everyone has fears and insecurities.

• No, nothing wrong with that, to me it shows he is human and in touch with his feelings, we all have some sort of insecurity in some areas of our lives, plus it's important to know especially if i'm in a relationship with him, gives me a far better understanding of who he really is.

What Guys Said 16

• If he can trust her, yes.

• They tell us it's ok and to trust them... then the emasculate us either behind our backs or in front of us. Keep them to yourself.

• No, it is not okay, because women see this as weakness, which repulses them on an instinctive level.

• It is man, they're cool with it

• I'd give a big fat "ABSOLUTELY NO"

• No, when a woman finds out you are insecure ugly guy, she start to see you as a loser.

• of course...

• No, I think that's a bad idea that will cause her to take a step back with things. You godda be her rock.

• Depends on how deep they go. I personally would advise against it.

• yes it is i think.

• No man bad idea, a really really bad idea

• If she's a close friend or lover.

• Perdonally i wouldn't. Seeming invulnerable is part of the attraction.

• no never. u will look like a whiny bitch

• It should be, but it usually isn't.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more