Im meeting up with my on again off again boyfriend later, what do I do?

I have been with this guy on and off for almost 3 years. I moved in with him in October of 2014 but since then I have been asked to leave on 3 different occasions. I've had to sleep on my moms couch while he stayed at his place. I want to tell him Im done and find someone who actually wants a committed relationship with no BS. I dont know what to do. Advice anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• He won't ever change. Tell him your done and move on. It seems like you have cuz he's treated you like shit. You'll find a guy that you want.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... I have been with this guy on and off for almost 3 years...
    This is what I refer to as A "Fill Circle Problem Pattern" here, dear, Where it is going to be the Same old color and Never be any different with this Schmo from Idaho.
    Sit him down on someone's couch as soon as you can. Tell him how you Feel, That it is Not a good Deal and that you both Need to move now from the 'Couch' to the Door... You cannot do this Anymore.
    Good luck and This zebra is not going to change his stripes. xx

• Thank you for the Like and the Vote of Confidence, sweetie. xxoo

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• " I want to tell him Im done and find someone who actually wants a committed relationship with no BS."

This. Do this. You don't need advice, you just need to work up the nerve to do what you know will make you happy in the long run.

• The only down side is I love him more than anyone I have ever dated and dont think anyone else could compare emotion wise.

• That what I thought with my ex but it's just fear and insecurity taking over. I found someone who is amazing in all the same ways my ex was AND amazing in all the ways my ex wasn't. Also, love is not enough to build a healthy relationship. I used to think that with my ex also and looking back I realize how incredibly naive that was. You can love someone who is horrible to you. You can love someone who isn't right for you. You can love them but that isn't a good enough reason to stay with them. It's much better to go out there and find someone to love who WILL treat you with respect and who is right for you.

• This is true. I think Ill tell him off later. Enoughs enough and I know I can easily find a guy who knows that he wants.
      Thank you

• I'd say to just tell him that you're done, without any specifiers like how you want a committed relationship with no BS.
    Even if that's true, he might try to argue against that and insist that he will work on being able to give you that. When you know full well that's a complete lie.

• Yeah he has told me many times he will change and how he wants me in his life but then stops showing any effort.

• good luck! :)

• Thank you