What age is appropriate for dating?

I'm 14 and single and I don't usually give into much thought about dating. I'm just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I think you should not date until after high school. If you go online there so many stories of girls being abuse when in high school. I know not everyone gets abused but once you do get abused your way of thinking of dating people, loving someone changes completely. I have been abused (emotionally and I guess sexual abused by my ex) and to this day I don't cry much about it. But its still bothers me once and while. I really wish when people talk to girls ro guys in high school I wish they bring up abuse more then sex. I think young people need to know more about abuse then sex even thou sex goes hand and hand in abuse too.

What Guys Said 4

• Most cases the youngest is in the teenage years when people begin dating, but it all building a foundation and learning and trying to understand the basics and fundamentals and gain knowledge and experience about dating. I don't think Relationships in younger ages last as long as they had compared to the previous generations.

• 11 i think

i was messing with this girl cuz i think she stupid and then next week she passed me a note asking if I like her and I was like "yea i guess" and we started dating.

• I think you can date whenever you feel ready, but you shouldn't get into anything serious until you're at least 16-17.

• 16 .

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think kids should be dating before 16 and even then only if their grades are good and they have time.

• I think whenever you feel ready for a relationship is the right age and that depends from person to person really. It's a lot to do with mental maturity as well.

• I started dating my current boyfriend at 14

• I don't know why people make dating so complicated. It's never serious until a certain age anyway. My first 'boyfriend' was at age six, my first 'real one' at age 13.

It's not like you're marrying. If you like someone, great, date them.

• When you are ready. But i will not have a serious boyfriend before 18 because you will miss a lot of things.

• I think that you gain and you miss. I've been in the same relationship since I was 14 and it is amazing and has made me grow as a person but I did lose the experimenting with people phase

• @Zendrya you are right and I think is amazing that you are still in the same relationship.

• thanks :)

• You can date when your dead

• I stated when I was 15 so 15 or 16