Is it ok for a girl to date a younger guy?

there's about a 3 year age gap between me and this guy and my friends have said "hes too young for you" or "don't go out with him its creepy on your side" etc but then my aunt was married to a guy 10 years younger (they were married for 19 years and only recently split) and my mum and dad were 7 years apart... The other thing is that I know / am friends with his younger sister as we all went to the same school... Is it ok? / what is your opinion? Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• its not that common for girls to date younger guys , its much more common for them to date older guys though

Most Helpful Girl

• Really it's totally fine. It's less of a big deal when you are like 20 and 23 or 33 and 36. It's a little harder when you're under 18 because there is such a difference each year. 17 and 14 is a bit too much of a gap in my opinion. I think if it really makes you guys happy, and his parents are ok with it, then it's fine.

What Guys Said 2

• Girl, don't ask me. Do whatever you want.

• Yes, of course it's ok.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see a problem with it. Age is just a number, I don't know how old you are now but as you get older the age gap closes and 3 years will seem like nothing. My aunt is 3-4 years younger than my uncle and it started out that she was trying to set him up with her best friend, they are still happily married 40th anni this yr.