Is a shooting range a good place for a first date?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're both into that sort of thing then sure.

• I'm not but I'm willing to learn.. nd one more thing Where would u go eat after? Or what would u suggest we do after the shooting range?

• Cz since he's on a diet nd his trainer told him to stay away from that that's why I'm asking

• Then ask him where hed like to eat.

What Guys Said 24

• Yes it's a very good idea, nothing more exciting then shooting something, helps to blow off steam too.

• Yep, nothing screams romantic love, transcendental union; than shooting holes through the hearts in cardboard cutouts of your brethren. Go for it!

• You have to tell us a little more about the guy (or girl) in question. Does he like guns? Is he a rough, outdoors-y guy who MAY like guns?

I wouldn't go there unless you have some basis to believe that he'll like it. If he's not into guns at all, it would be miserable for both of you.

• He owns a gun

• Then it's probably not a bad idea.

I'm guessing, if this is your first date, you probably haven't seen the gun, but instead he's told you about it at some point. That's a good sign, that he likes his gun enough to talk about it. He will probably at least enjoy that you're paying attention to his interests.

• Depends on the person. It's not the best place to have a conversation and get to know each other, so it's good to go someplace else before or after going to the shooting range.

• Where would u go eat after? Or what would u suggest we do after or before the shooting range?

• Eating would be nice, but nothing fancy, just keep it casual and fun. One of those restaurants where you can be yourself, there's no etiquette, you can laugh and talk without a problem.

• That depends upon the girl.
    If asked whether she prefers clip or magazine and she replies 'belt fed', she is a keeper.

• I asked this very question myself. Most of the people who responded were down for it. I guess it's ok if both of you like the idea.

• If you're both shooters and are interested in them and at least one of you have at least basic knowledge of them and how to operate them safely then yes.

• Haha never even thought of that before, if you both like shooting guns than yeah maybe

• If you both like shooting, I think so.

• No. I'd say do something simple where you can talk. You won't be able to talk in the shooting range comfortablly

• Yeah, I suppose it could be - as long as they are both careful with the gun (s). I'm not ready to die yet. SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY!!! Thanks for the idea.

• I guess if it is an interest in common, yeah.

I wouldn't recommend it as as place for a divorce settlement.

• I don't think so unless you already know each other well and you both enjoy shooting. I've been to shooting ranges many times and I can barely hear myself think so I don't think I could have a date and actually talk to her the

• I tried that for a first date before and it freaked her out. I also live in a very liberal state lmao.

• Depends on the couple. Guns and archery are not my thing

• and if the date goes bad, what happens? you both have a 9mm...

• For sure

• Where would u go eat after? Or what would u suggest we do after the shooting range?

• Depends on the lady, if she's got a bit of a wild side then yes it can be.

• Sure. You can go before or after you take her back to the trailer to clean and cook the squirrels you shot for dinner earlier that day.

• I personally don't like guns so for me, no. But you obviously do so go for it.

• Why yes, plenty of chances for touching if she's new to it :P Yeah its a good choice

• A lot of ranges have date night.

• A salad bar then :)

• 👍 yeah that's what I was just thinking

• if u want

• www.cchrint.org/.../...sholmesantidepressants2.jpg

if your date looks like this, then no

What Girls Said 13

• Always depends on the individual, the weapon and the range. But shooting is loads of fun.

Most people (especially beginners) would probably have the best time if the focus is mainly on target practice. Then it's like a cool, real-life video game. :) A.22 would be good. I've heard of guys taking girls to outdoor ranges with assault weapons, and some might love that, but I think it would be a bit much for most people, men or women, on a first date.

• Uhh, personally I wouldn't like that.
    I'm more of an active person so I like dates that involve (physical) action like rock climbing, paint ball or even sky diving for instance.
    For a first date I would prefer a quiet location like simply a restaurant - the classic - so you can talk and get to know each other, this would also give you an idea if they are even into shooting guns and stuff first of all.

• If you're trying to impress a guy I'm sure he would think it's pretty "cool"
    But for a first date where you guys are getting to know each other, it would be best for a third date perhaps.

• I personally wouldn't want to go to a shooting range for a first date. I think the important thing is to get to know a little of the date's likes first :)

• I think this would be really fun actually. And it's def unique (at least where I'm from)

• Yeah, if you want a more active date rather than just chatting over a meal and drinks.

• It's a fantastic first date! He can get close to you to "show you how to handle his weapon". 😈

Errr... I mean the firearm! :)

• Its almost too puuuuuuuuuuuuuuurfect :)

• Do either of you know how to shoot?

• If you're both interesed then why not?

• LOL!!!
    Hell no! Not sexy or romantic at all 😳
    But I'm assuming this is US thing? You people are much different than I thought

• For me and my husband it was. ;)