Have you ever messed up a relationship before it started? Anyone have stories they wanna share to make me feel better?

I feel rotten as hellllllll. I only knew this dude a short period but I had never met someone I was so interested in. My own insecurities and issues got in the way, and I messed things up between us before we even began. I freaked him/scared him off and I doubt he'll be returning. I can't stop beating myself up over it though. I have gone in and out of dating guys... And this is the only guy I honestly feel a real loss over, even if we weren't in a relationship. My mind won't let me give him up... Even though I have to. Ugh. I feel so ashamed and disgusted with myself.

Anyone else have likewise scenarios?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope nothing like that.

What did you do to scare him off? ? Propose? Lol

• I think I jumped the gun on our whatever we had going... I "tested" him and it didn't go well. I kinda called him out and attacked him over messaging and... Now it's all just messy

• Right? Like why manipulate someone else for your own gain? I don't see the thrill. I keep thinking like maybe I wasn't good enough in bed, maybe I did something wrong, maybe I'm a boring person, etc. maybe he just lost interest

• Fuck that I'm sure you are great in bed. He was probably worse lmao. Did he even go down on you? Haha. It ain't you its him. How are you doing today I just got home

What Guys Said 6

• They're not sad stories, but I got really disappointed. Check this question I asked last November, I told 4 stories: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1765245-why-am-i-so-damn-unlucky-it-s-impossible-that-i-m-alone-anyone

Oh, and the biggest disappointment was still to come. "Girl 5" isn't mentioned in the question (I met her in the same day I asked it actually) and she was the one I liked the most... but it's a very long story.

• People get friendzoned by their love interest all the time, happened to me more than once. The most painful one was the last one, she was near perfection, even her girl friends said so, but thing is she friendzoned me pretty much from the start and I liked her for 4 years trying to get her out of the friendzone until I gave up and then immediately after, met a girl who then became my girlfriend.

• I'm sorry :/ but at least you met someone now!
      And I was not friendzoned. I just pulled the "crazy chick" on him and freaked him out

• Nevertheless, I'm glad that happened because the girl I'm with now is more compatible with me even though she has far more flaws than the one who friendzoned me, so it's fine. In your case there is still hope to go back though it won't be easy, it would require a lot of work and effort to get there. I think if you want him and have enough faith then there's still possiblity to go back.

• That is good, I think that's more important anyways.
      & Thank you! That made me hopeful. (:

• I have

• I don't think so. Usually the girls are the ones messing it up.

• Yeah senior year of high school, four years ago, and I still can't get over it. I was a total ass. I had never gotten a lot of attention from chicks but senior year for whatever reason a lot of beautiful girls liked me. There was this one girl in particular and she was awesome but I ended up pursuing someone else who turned out to not be for me at all and by the time I realized it the other girl had moved on. Four years later and I still can't get over it

• Dang :/ I'm sorry. What if's suck

• never

What Girls Said 5

• No.

Why did you freak him out? That would fe the first thing I would figure out so I do not do it again.

Do you still think you freak guys out? If so, stop it.

Figure it out. And stop doing it. Easy.

• She probably told him she likes him😱 That's all guys say on this damn site "girls should make a move first" so she probably did and he went running lol

• @Daynada well he said he did, but not at that moment... Soo he did semi warn me. I was just hopeful... Or not thinking it meant he would be chasing other tail lol :/

• Yeah, no kidding 😕

• Yes, I usually do.
    I think my guy friend was about to ask me to be his girlfriend and I decided to tell him I like his ex girlfriend last night. Great.

• Yeah. Coming from a traditional and conservative culture, everyone in my family got involved in my relationship before it even began. He was on holidays and we were going to discuss our relationship when he came back. Somehow my family knew we were dating before officially dating. I didn't want to say anything to them until i had the "talk" with him.

Before my family met the guy, they sort of coerced us - wanting it to be dating with intention of marriage, accused him of many things (e. g. drugs, selling me off to a prostitution ring - just to name a few), stereotyped him etc. It didn't help how he came across as a player and the fact he has been around with women. And you can assume pretty much everything went down south from there especially the case after he met my siblings.

I initially had full faith that he was a different person to what my family thought he was because we started out as friends. Unfortunately i was bickering with my family over this guy for about 7 weeks and there were times where I had my doubts in him. It began to affect me and i questioned him everytime. So finally he got sick of all the drama and called it quits. He no longer responds to my messages and being friends seems to be out of the question too.

I guess i can say i feel your pain.

• Aw I'm sorry :( that sounds real crappy. I definitely can sympathize. I wish you the best, even if things didn't work out with him.. Maybe it's for a reason. There's always someone new.

• Yep. It happens just time to move on

• Don't beat yourself up over it anymore. It happened, it's done.
    No I can't think of a situation like this off the top of my head.