Does this count as cheating?

I'm dating this girl. We're exclusive, and we've been dating for about a year. But I'm also not 100% convinced that she's the one. So every once in a while, I get on dating apps and do some swiping. I mostly do it for people-watching because it's fun to go through profiles, and I've matched with a few people but haven't messaged anyone.

I know it's not good for the relationship, and the fact that I've hidden it tells me that I think it's wrong. But is it a huge deal as long as I don't communicate with anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are still seeing what is out there. That's not normal. If you're in a happy, healthy relationship you shouldn't care about other people or even desire to see what else is there as you'd be content with your current partner.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just leave her bro obviously not the one if you have to really think about it. You are 30-35 it's time to grow up and stop acting like a teenager.

What Girls Said 3

• Cheating or not, swiping people on dating apps is very disrespectful to your partner. If I knew my boyfriend did it I'd break up with him. It would tell me he's not as serious about our relationship as I am. And the fact that you hide it is also a huge indicator that you shouldn't be doing it and you feel guilty. I don't think it's a good idea to be with someone you don't see a future with. If you believe she isn't the one then just break it off, don't waste her time and yours too.

• So basically you're just holding onto her until the right one you're looking for comes along? and after a year you're still not sure i say you should be upfront with her so she at least is given the chance to make her choice whether she wants to continue being with you or not, you really need to decide, it is like cheating you are cheating this girl from having the choice, all because you are not sure.

• I wouldn't care if my boyfriend messaged anyone or not, I would be furious if he had dating apps and was actively looking at/for other women. Not technically cheating per se but definitely something that would break my trust and hurt me. That being said, If you don't think she is the one and that your eyes are starting to wander, it may be best to just break up. You shouldn't string her along if you know it isn't going to last.

What Guys Said 0