Is it bad to have never kissed anyone at the age of 16?

I've never kissed anyone and it's not like I'm ugly or anything, there has just never been a boy who I wanted to start something with and if I'm not interested in him I always just shut down completely. I can't do anything about that, it's just my nature. but some of my friends have already had sex with different guys or made out many times and had many different boyfriends.

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you think not being kissed is somehow bad only exemplifies how the young people today are so heavily influenced and deluded by a disgusting culture and pitiful social norms. I don't blame you for thinking that way since sex is subsidized.

It's completely fine. It's also completely fine to be a virgin, and don't let anyone pressure you into thinking differently.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because you aren't "following" the pack, it doesn't mean anything. It's perfectly fine and it's not seen as bad either.

What Guys Said 10

• Nah dosen't matter no need to feel weird about it. Does society have certain expectations on what 16 year olds should have experienced? Yes as you would know, but society in general has messed up standards, I didn't kiss anyone at 16 I'm 20 now made out with plenty of girls haven't had sex yet but came fairly close. No it's not bad, being afraid of straying from social norms is what is bad.

• Hey, I'm 17 and I don't know any girls at all. Ask yourself if you really want a boyfriend and all that which comes with it. It'll happen when it happens- forcing it would make it bad anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• in my opinion, you're fine. I'm my age and still a virgin in all sense of the word (the "furthest" I've been was making out). It's not that everything is a race.

• First of all never compare yourself with anyone
    Cause everyone's different
    And i think it's fine
    Maybe you're too beautiful for guys near you or something

• No. I hadn't either at 16, or 18. Might want to try it before 30 though.

• its just normal , u should wait for the right guy

• lol its totally ok, im 24 and never even touched a girl before. so dont worry you have a lot of time for that

• It's not bad at all.

• no hun you are fine

• Im 19 and i've never kissed anyone either :) I think it's better waiting true love

What Girls Said 14

• No need to worry about it. You still have plenty of time. I can guarantee that one day you'll meet a guy who will make you feel comfortable enough for a kiss to happen. Also please don't compare yourself to your friends, don't let the peer pressure get to you. Go at your own pace.

• No, that's pretty normal I would say. I didn't properly until I was 18, no one ever said anything if they could tell that I hadn't.

• Not bad at all. It's totally normal. Let things happen naturally. No need to be in any hurry. :)

• It's not bad, and then again this isn't a question about whether it's good or bad.
    I didn't have my first kiss till I was 18.
    I say don't rush it and please, don't do things just because everyone else is. Wait for the right guy to come along.

• My first kiss was when I was 17! My best friend just recently had her first kiss at 22. Who cares. ;)

• Do what makes you happy, you do not need to be doing what every other person is doing, and i know that can be very awkward and so uncomfortable watching everyone else kissing and making out, I did not kiss a boy in high school until I was 17 years old so dont feel horrible about it if can

• You are so young no it is not a bad thing relax and enjoy your self you will get that first kiss when the time is right

• 16, ur still a baby? You have plenty of time so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

• It is not all bad relax

• I am the same age and I've never had my first kiss either. Even though my friends have.

• thats completely fine if you dont want it- then dont

• I had my first kiss a day before my 17th birthday XD
    I thought it would never happen but it did. It will come sooner than u think don't worry :)

• NO NO NO NO IT ISN'T 😱😱😱 just wait for the right guy :) quality over quantity!

• i only kissed when i was 24