Who lies more when it comes to online dating profiles - girls or guys?

I am an International Communication & Media student and I am currently writing a research paper about "gender differences in the self-presentation in online dating". Therefore, I was wondering whether you have encountered any gender differences when it comes to online dating profiles. Who do you think lies on online dating platforms - girls or guys? What do you think girls/guys most commonly lie about?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say 55-45 men as women have such high expectations.
    However I think the sexes lie about different things.
    Women present more misconceptions about there physical appearance. Misleading photos describing themselves as curvy when the are just fat.
    Men tend to lie about status (their job, education, car, social circle etc.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Both-- but just about different things. It's the classic stuff that you'll find if you google the same question.

Girls: weight, body shape, age
    Guys: income, job, body shape, height

What Guys Said 7

• Usually guys lie more, since girls tend to have much higher expectations and guys feel that they need to lie, to even have a chance.

• whoever takes up close selfies of their face only and hides their entire body is a fucking liar.

• I think girls lie through the pictures they upload and guys lie through what they say on their online profile lol

• You just have to scroll through some of the top downloaded apps with photo editing and touchup apps which are mainly used by girls who then upload edited photos to social media and dating sites.

• I think guys lie more because it is the girls that are doing all of the reading and choosing!

The guys are the one's selling themselves.

• They all lie

• GIRLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Guys

What Girls Said 0