Guys, Would you prefer a college/university educated girlfriend or not?

Note: The question is about a woman you're going to have a serious, long-term relationship with.

I've heard a lot of people say that men don't care how educated their girlfriend/wife is or what she works with, but after being on dating sites a while I've noticed that a lot of men are looking for ambitious, well educated women with careers (or future careers). Especially the men that are also college/university educated. They state in their presentation that they are looking for intelligent, ambitious women who have a passion for something. And in private chat they ask a lot about what you study/work with and career plans and stuff. So, I'm curious how it really is. Again, remember that this poll is for a woman you are going to have a serious relationship with, possibly move in together/get married/have kids and all that.

• I have (or will have) a degree and I prefer a girlfriend who also has/will have a degree
    86% (6)
  • I have (or will have) a degree and I prefer a girlfriend who doesn't have/won't have a degree
    0% (0)
  • I have (or will have) a degree and I don't care if my girlfriend has/will have a degree or not
    14% (1)
  • I don't have (and won't have in the future either) a degree, but I prefer a girlfriend who also has/will have a degree
    0% (0)
  • I don't have (and won't have in the future either) a degree and I prefer a girlfriend who doesn't have/won't have a degree
    0% (0)
  • I don't have (and won't have in the future either) a degree and I don't care if my girlfriend has/will have a degree or not
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

5

Most Helpful Guy

• I hate to sound greedy or materialistic, but money makes the world go around. This is a double income society today! If you want nice things in life, both partners have to work and have a decent career! I like nice things. I don't need a mansion with 6 cars, but I am also not interested in living pay-check to paycheck with a mound of debt either. It is totally unfair that I have to work and support us because she chose to not do anything with her life. Therefore I would only date someone with a good career. Love doesn't pay the bills!

What Guys Said 4

• I want her to be similairly educated, its fine if she is smarter as long as we can communicate on the same level. Its tiring when having to explain everything and your partner not understanding you at all.

• as i dont have a college degree myself i would not think it is a deal breaker if she does not have one. but it can always come in handy.

• I have a degree, but have definitely found interesting people with or without a degree, so it really doesn't matter to me.

• Honestly, it's personal preference. I am going into journalism and on a track to get my masters, but as for a S/O I don't really care what she would do. As long as she enjoys herself, I would be content. The only real requirement I have is that she can give and debate intellectual topics. I wouldn't care if she went into the fine arts or a STEM job or even if she was a waitress I still wouldn't care. If she's content, I'm content. If she didn't have a degree, would i push her to better herself? Yes, but I would only recommend something I know she would enjoy.