Too sick to go out. Excuse or true?

I've talked to this guy for almost 2 weeks and we planned to go on a date today, well this morning he texted me saying he wasn't feeling well and asked for a rain check. I said yes but now I just don't trust him. I have very low expectations that he'll respond back about that next date.

I feel bad but this has happened to me multiple times before. I'm also pissed because I only get every other weekend off (the other weekends I work) and now my day pretty much got wasted because he cancelled on me.

What is the likely hood that he actually wants to go on a date, or is this just another guy making an excuse?

This has happened to me at least 3 times before, How am I supposed to trust this one guy?
update: yeah... it wasn't an excuse. last night he went to the hospital for something

Most Helpful Guy

• Be patient and see if he sets up the next date. also be considerate as he may actually be sick. He could of gotten so nervous that he now has an upset stomach and not even know why. If you blow up on him or think he's being a flake when he's not you probably won't get a date, he'll most likely resent you. Keep in mind not all guys are like those from your past.

Most Helpful Girl

• One time a guy told me last min, how he couldn't because he had to do some stuff for work with a friend it was night time but he actually continued to text and talk about what kind of work he was doing and was a man of his word when he rescheduled.

As long as he texts within the next days and sets a date for next time

What Guys Said 4

• If he truly wanted to he would regardless of the cold. Just move on

• Lol I've made that excuse once I find out that chick don't look that hot

• lol.. he was feeling sick... seriously, just chill out.

• Best thing to do is take his word, and don't allow it to affect your view of him. He may be sick because he's nervous about the date, and he is nervous that you will find fault in him. Either way just trust him for now since it's the first time it has happened with him.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on what his illness is.

• I have used that as a excuse many times...