How do you get over a girl that rejects you?

It was a single mom 27 with 2 kids. She seemed into me for a few months and when I asked her out she said that I'm not good for her kids and I'm too young 26. She said that I am "AWESOME" and a great guy. She mentioned to her friends that i am cute. But guess not good enough for her kids? I wasn't asking to marry her, just for a date to know each other! I don't have any kids of my own and usually would not go for someone with kids. She said we can still be friends but honestly for my protection I want to kind of cut her off still, she moves in the fall. How can I get over her in my mind and move on the other women? It is just that attachment that grew over the past few months that I'm trying to get out of my mind. Everyone around me family, friends, coworkers, said from the beginning that she is not good for you and to stay away. She asked for me to pay for her meals, and always mentioned my clothes and watches I wore. I kind of feel lead on from her honestly. I know I'm a pretty decent guy, just need some advice and encouragement.

Most Helpful Girl

• The intent of dating is really importaint. Are you dating to marry? Are you dating for fun? In a single mother's world they are often looking at the long term. Could he be a father to my kids? If not then why bother starting? She mighty have really liked you and got caught up in feelings rather than responsibilities. Though I really can't guess her intentions.

I'm sure you are a great guy. The two of you just weren't in the same path, in the same place, in life.

Sometimes it can be hard to get over someone when you don't get any say in the ending. Do you think asking her some of your questions would help? If not time and distance will help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Based on what you wrote above, she did not even give you a real chance.

Someone who judges you based on your age and not who you are, is not someone you need.

In addition, think of it this way though... when you are a single mom of 27 she can't just date guys for the fun of it anymore too! She has to consider her kids and who they get to know.

You being 26, you can be somewhat carefree and go to bar with your buddies, she doesn't have the option to be carefree anymore!

She has to think of her future, because she has two mouths to feed and clothe.

I am not saying you would not be a loving person to her and her kids, but obviously she has the type she is looking for right now that she needs and you do not fit the bill.

If I were you, I would be okay with that, at 26 you need to be mature, but you still need to be somewhat carefree and be able to move around according to a career, etc., If you get involved with a single mom and two kids, they are not going to be able to just pick up and move wherever you go.

There are a lot of factors when you are a mom, perhaps her rejecting you is saving you from a mistake and lining you up for something better in life?

What Girls Said 3

• Wow; that isn't cool to lead someone one like that :(
    She probably found you cute but one of those guys you can't date for different reasons, kind of like a girl crushing on a popular band member but for many reasons can't date them lol.
    In all seriousness, the best way I find to get over someone is to hang out with friends, family and co-workers more often. Do stuff together like the movies, or the beach - something that will pre-occupy you! Secondly find another hobby, something that will keep you busy and interested - Recently I got into Henna tattoos because I just like drawing all over myself lol. Finally find someone else that you can focus on, that you can put all your energy and thoughts into, like your pet, mother, father, friend or even yourself!
    Good luck! :)

• Whenever you think about her for a long jog! Just keep your paste even if it's slow. And than you won't be able to think of her. I used to do this when I wanted to hurt myself.

• My advice to you and to anyone really be careful when persuing someone with kids. Single parents nowadays are lookin for someone who can take care of them and the kids which is unfair because like you said you were just asking for a date! Find someone who doesn't have baggage and won't lead you on. Plenty of women out there who will like you for you and isn't looking for a step daddy for the kids.

What Guys Said 13

• women with kids look for older guys that have an established job and are pretty much settled on where they are living , some guys your age dont have all that and for her to place you in that zone with other guys is unfair but there is nothing you can really do.

i would try looking for other single moms maybe if thats what you want to start looking for if you liked her and try not to get to attached to her or the kids in case it does not work out. but dont give up one of those girls around your age , there are those who are willing to think of a younger guy as a goods dad.

you just have to have patience to find her. and not get depressed or annoyed over it.

• It takes time to get over her. It almost always does when you get attached to someone. The fact that you want to cut her off and stay away is good though, because you realize nothing should happen now. And it sounds like she's really just using you: fun for her to be around, likes you paying for her meals, but wants no more with you. No connection. Showing her how much you cared and how much you were into her made you vulnerable - and that's not your fault. In some sense she took advantage of you, but you can change it now.

Best way to move on is to realize: you wouldn't really want to be with somebody like that anyway. You don't owe her anything and you don't have to keep associating with her at all.

• Realize it's not that big of a deal because lots of girls reject you.

• Bro move o. Dont be friends. Why is she single with 2 kids at only 27 in the first place? Just ignore her and find someone else. You'll be happier in the long run

• Try and forget about her,; you'll get over her eventually. I know it took me a long time, in one instance, but it did happen.

• Cut her off, don't be friends with her and ignore her when and if you see her. Furthermore, DON'T date single mothers. Especially at your age. That's a
    bucket of crazy you don't want to kick over.

• Just move on go to party's and stuff

• fuck her friend!

• She saved you a ton of grief! Count your blessings and move on.

• I move to the next one.

• Time is the only answer. That and falling in love with a new women but most often that takes time to find one.

• They were right, she just wanted you to pay for her. She is a freeloader

• you eventually date other people , there is many other singles out there who actually do want to date people