How tall is too tall to guys?

I get told constantly that I don't look half bad but I'm too tall to date... I'm five eleven and there are girls taller than me. Am I really too tall to date?

Most Helpful Guy

• NO!!! You're not too tall to date. You should be proud of your height. Tall girls are very special and attractive. I realize there are times it seems awkward because you're taller than almost all the girls you know and some guys, but there's nothing wrong with being tall. Some of the most beautiful women in the world are your height or taller.

• Yeah it's just these people I've grown up with say no guy will want me because of my height and its making me self-conscious

• I guess so but it still hurts even my friends say I'm too tall

• thank you for giving me MH Guy opinion!

What Guys Said 22

• No you just need to find a guy that likes you for you. I would actually enjoy looking up a few inches to a woman for a change. All my female friends are shorter than me so I'm always looking at the tops of their heads.

• I just tower over these kids and they don't like it...

• Yeah but I don't get why height matters so much

• IT should not but sometimes it does. It sounds more like they are usinging it as an easy reason to turn you down. Keep looking some guys like taller women.

• I think 5'10 is too tall for me.
    I'm just 6 feet, so I don't want someone that will be almost my same height, and even taller with heels on.

• Taller than me. Which you are.
    I probably wouldn't end up crushing on you.

• How tall are you? Girl I was seeing was 6 ft or 5 11 I can't remember. I'm 6"1 but I lift so I felt fine ahaha. Honestly nothing to be insecure about

• I'm 6'9" so barely any girl is too tall for me. Girls your height have told me that I'm too tall for them so how tall is too tall to girls?

• Ofcourse you aren't, anybody can date. If you REALLY NEED your man to be taller than you, you'll just have a smaller selection to choose from than other girls.

• Yuuuuuup. I'm sure dudes 6'+ would be more into you though.

• I've personally no problems with dating chicks who are head and shoulders taller than me... No girl wants to go anywhere short guys like me... So, we have an impasse

• Talk chicks are hot OP

• These kids say I am too tall for them

• You aren't, I am 6'3 but I'm pretty sure I'd still get boner on even taller chick if she's hot ha. Long legs are just bonus OP , dw

• Yeah I have long legs but I'm sick of the people telling me I have no chance

• Not only are you not too tall to date, you are a young lady many boys would LOVE to date! Those who say you are too tall are small -in the mind!

• There's no such thing as too tall. I don't mind height on a girl.

• More than 6'1 is too tall

• No you are not

• Nothing as too tall. But your 16. Boys are dumb that age. Just wait till your older

• Guys are much more accepting of height than girls are.
    However you can't eliminate preferences.

I bet you you'll find many guys that would date you but assume "she probably likes taller guys".

Who tells you you're too tall? What type of people?

• Kids at school

• Both and it sucks because I'm taller than most of them

• Let me be real with you. There's no use dating in high school. It's simply an inconvenience.
      Its better to wait till you're in college, and when everyone else is mature.

Kids shouldn't be in relationships.

• I never really understood why height plays any role in attractiveness at all.

• Men aren't allowed to date women taller than them, so your options are reduced by a significant amount.

• this is just ridiculous. why would hight matter? unless you are a midget hight does not matter.

• Do you want to date me?

• I am 5'9 and I would have no problem dating a girl thats 5'11. The question is whether you would date a guy my height. Because thats where the problem really lies I think. Tall girls give the short guys the cold shoulder and cry about how all the tall guys aren't pursuing them when they are doing the exact same thing to shorter guys.

• 9 inches

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• The guys who say that you are too tall are just intimidated. I'm Asian and 5'9" and loving it, I alway have people comment on my height I wouldn't mind being 2 inches taller like you. All my friends have to tailor their pants but I can just wear them off the rack lol! Ok being serious now, don't let stupid people with their stupid judgement effect you! So many people have told me they covet my height and one of my old boyfriend was only 5'7".

• Wow you weren't hesitant in dating aa short man! Wow I appreciate both of you for it because he wasn't insecure about being shorter one in the relationship

• @dcoolguy Nope I wouldn't

• 5.3 or below?😉😉😉

• 5'11 is too tall for some girls? 😂 Sheesh, that's pretty much average height for men. I've seen more guys complain that they feel too short at 5'11, not too tall. That's a new one. You must live in a country of midgets.
    As for me.. there's no height that's too tall for me but then again I'm 5'10.

• Sorry lol, I thought it was a guy asking this question.

• Honestly, you're tall but I don't think you're too tall. As you see I'm 5'10 so only an inch shorter than you and I have no problem attracting guys.

• I do and it makes no sense

• Nah don't worry about height
    It's just a number

• My cousin is around your height and she's 17 and she looks great at that height so you've got nothing to worry about. Someone will appreciate your height someday, of course you're not too tall to date.

• No, it is not... Your height is like a dream height for me.

• Your not even that tall. Once you grow up and start dating men and not boys, they will have no problems with your height.

• Yeah I'm on the tall side but you're right not that tall I just wish these kids would grow up

• Put up with them for a few more years and then you never have to deal with them again.

• Yeah you're right I'm going out of state once I graduate so that might help