Guys, Is having sex a requirement in being in a relationship with a woman?

What is the truth. If I told you after going on a few dates that my values regarding sex are that I want a loving, deeper kind of relationship first before hand what would be your reaction and would you continue dating me?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Eventually, yes, it is a requirement, but I would counsel against hopping into bed with someone out of some sort of a sense of obligation.
    I have never pressured a woman for sex.
    I once dated a woman for a year before anything happened. I respected her stated wish to not be intimate. I also adored her. I would have waited as long as it took.
    There is a vast difference between fucking and making love. Once you have experienced that difference, what is known as sport sex becomes of little interest.

What Guys Said 22

• I'd say you are an amazing girl, you are right, and I'm all in! That's what I'd want as well and no it wouldn't scare me away. I'd see you as HIGHER VALUE. But note my age and the ages of other people that reply. I would have said the same thing at your age.

That doesn't mean though the desire isn't there. The desire can be strong and have to work to manage that. Reality is... male/female want to bond.

Warning though: I've had a girl say that and it wasn't true. Some guys know that girls don't tell the truth, or their boundaries are weak, so realize some guys will commit and push. You have to hold your boundaries according to your values. It is your life!

• If it was a friends with benefits type of relationship or they sometimes call it "fuck buddies", then I think that can be considered a "requirement", as for everything else, it's entirely subjective and different for everyone.

I would have to agree that a deeper emotional connection would actually be priority over just jumping straight into intercourse or a "home run". It's almost like as the sex is without foreplay when that emotional connection is completely absent.

• I think that is also something I would be looking for too. Not a problem. But, eventually sex would have to be in the mix.

• If you told me that I'd say: "Well let's have a loving and deeper relationship! And can we have sex now?"

• It is a requirement, I can't have that deep connection if I don't have sex with her. That doesn't mean I require sex on the first date, I can wait till she's more comfortable, but I can't wait forever.

• That'd be fine with me as long as sex is guaranteed in the future, and we talked about what we liked, etc. often - as i don't wanna waste time with someone who is sexually incompatible with me.

• Relations are necessary in a relationship yes

• When I was your age, I might have continued to have a relationship with you if I felt we were going to be serious.

• Having sex is a requirement for me eventually but I'm willing to wait until we really get to know each other and she's comfortable with it

• sex is a requirement for me to be in a relationship not an option. wanting a "deep loving relationship" is fine but you won't really get it by witholding sex this isn't the 50s

• Yes it is. Otherwise, you're just in a friends-with-no-benefits relationship.

• If we weren't having sex after a month at the very longest, I'd leave you. Women no longer have the luxury of waiting. Those days are thankfully gone.

• As long as it's neither a forever wait, or being used to string me along, dangling it like a carrot, then waiting is fine

• Yes it is a requirement for me

• Sex shouldn't matter if you love the person I would continue to date you all that matters is how happy you are with the person

• Sex wouldn't be necessary right away. But after a while, I think I would begin to desire it.

• Honestly, no. I've been in a committed relationship for just over two years, and honestly, we're both still virgins. We just find that simply being together is enough for the time being.

• depends if you are open to other sexual acts, or if it is all completely off limits.

• I would think so...

• obviously

• I actually prefer to wait to have sex because I feel that sex should be done with someone you actually have deep feelings for. That said, I don't want to wait until marriage, so sex will need to be a part of the relationship at some point.

• Yes it would be. I don't mind waiting but i'm not going to wait forever. Eventually i'll feel sexually unwanted.