Guys, How Much Money Do You Want Your Spouse To Make Annually?

• 24k-30k
  • 30k-45k
  • 45k-60k
  • 60k-70k
  • 70k-80k
  • 80k-90k
  • >100k
and girls too!!!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 18

• Well... If yr goal was to write a biased question that would make the ladies here look bad, then, congratulations! Good job!

I mean, no offense, but you did a really shitty job of designing this question -- along with the poll that goes with it.

• The question SEEMS to just be saying, "If you could pick any of these... which would you want?" So... as @elissadido has already pointed out, it's natural to just pick the biggest number -- because, hey, who WOULDN'T want more money, right?

• Why isn't there an option for zero? There are a fair number of people who don't want their spouses to work.

• Why isn't there an option for "I don't really care, because I'm the primary earner, and so my spouse's income is secondary"?
    That's my situation -- so, I just picked my *own* income, so that I can see the results of the poll. (Lump me in with the gold-digger contingent, lol.)

• Most importantly... Dafuq with these income tiers? Dude... SEVEN options, and "$100k or more" is the biggest one? Hahahah
    Dude, when I lived in San Francisco, the AVERAGE income in my zip code was more than $100k. LOL

If yr going to have seven options here, at least you should make the 2 biggest ones start getting into truly outrageous numbers.
    Like, into the millions, at least. THEN things would actually get INTERESTING.
    I mean... yeah. Lol.

• Does 100,000 get you a lot in San francisco?

• Yup. I'm, in top category, supporting a family, and... I feel tight for money allll the time.

• @0112358 Ikr? I wonder where the question asker lives.

I also wonder why the bottom tier starts at that weirdly specific figure of $24,000. Huh? Why doesn't it start at zero?
      If I had the time to google for some place where the minimum welfare distribution -- or the government definition of poverty line -- is exactly $24k, maybe that's where the asker lives... lol

• the amount of money you make doesn't matter as much as the amount of money you spend... we live in a credit card (I can pay it later) soceity. I personally don't need much. With a rock you have rock school with rockschool, with a can you have kick the can,. I don't have internet or my phone nor do I have a phone with out buttons or a watch that tells me when to stand it's called amusing yourself and remembering your own shit. Money makes you lazy, greedy and less and less motivated for anythng other then more money that usually leads to more unhappiness. A night out for me is canned (or homemade soup) in a thermos in a park (less traveled) blanket incase whoopy takes place... give me a beautiful view and simplicity. I don't wear makeup, do nails, shave or dress up. I work out... what you see is what you get... simplicity at it's finest.. once my kids are grown I could live in a cardboard box.. giving gives me more then receiving. Building up people emotionally, seeing the unseen. I coudl live on rice and beans nothing fancy here. More makes me long for less.

• Numbers aren't all that important, spouses should make enough money so that when they combine their income they have enough for important things and a nice future. Money comes and goes. Work hard if you want something and things will fall into place.

• I see we have several Gold Diggers on this site lol.

Seriously, though, I picked 45k-60k based on several factors. I'm making 40k as a teacher and I always believed the man should be the bread winner when possible (Like, if he gets laid off, clearly I would step up as he searched for a new job). I also have a degree and since teachers are on lowest pay rate of people with professional degrees, there's really no reason for him to make less than I do. A man who makes over 100k I feel would be working all the time. I would love the money, but I'd miss my time with him. So pretty much over 45k is fine with me.

• However much they need to financially support themselves.
    I'm not a bank and I hate people asking me for money - that would be a deal breaker in a relationship unless something changed really suddenly and I was guaranteed to get the money back in the future.

• Honestly I think my guy makes more than 30 but that's what I voted for

• Hahah I love the results so far, of course 100> out of these options XD Who would complain with more money :P

• hmmmm It's hard to say... there's few roads...

1. If I would be successful in what I would like to do than He would need to make alooot of money, but not for me just that it is said that guys need to make more than Her to feel good.

2. If He wouldn't care about the " He needs to make more than She will or else it sucks for Him " than I don't care. Like I make my money than I don't care if I'll be contributing more in ower life.

• Preferably enough I can be a stay at home mom once we have kids, but as long as it's enough we can work together and be comfortable and happy it's fine

• I don't wanna be the one that makes less, but I dont want him to make less either... so I guess the same amount as I make whatever that ends up being

• um i dont no nore do i care as long as he has a job it all good cuss i plan to work to lol 

• Well, I want a lot of kids first of all and I want to be able to give them and my parents/siblings the world and eventually I want to travel and help in 3rd world countries. So I want to be very very rich to be able to establish all of this.

• Enough to support their own lifestyle.

• Rich or poor, it's good to have money

• I think if both were to make 70-80 annually they would be well set for the rest of their life

• 24K minimum Like this I don't have to work and can be a housewife

• I literally wouldn't care if he was a househusband or a billionaire, I love my SO either way :3

• 10 CENTS!!!

What Guys Said 23

• don't care too much. i make enough to support two people but with a spouse who works we can afford a greater amount of comfort, travel, etc.

• Well it's not that surprising. You need to be making about 280k+ a year to be similar to a 6-figures salary back in the early 90s (that's when the 6-figure thing was hot).

Generally, you don need more than 180k a year to be happy. Having more won't make you life much happier. Still the median income is about 55k for males? So if you ladies are aiming for the 100k+ then you will be in a much smaller market.

• Wait, I get to pick? Then she might as well be making tons, assuming there is no sacrifice for either of us to get it. Money does give you a certain level of freedom.

I think this is more about how important it is to us. Practically everyone prefers having money to not having money.

• obviously shoot as high as we can, G money lol

• The more, the better, obviously xD
    But as long as she's earning enough to maintain herself, and she's happy, I don't care.

• Depends on how attractive she is and how promiscuous I think she is.

• if she's ugly career won't make a difference

• Have to be 30k-45k.
    I can't date women that do 46K or more, or 29 or less, they are awfull.

• Bunch of fucking gold diggers on here. Haha. I'd said 45 to 60 k. Bringing us to 90k to 120k annually. So that's a good point. You gotta remember your taxes people! Uncle Sam does like the rich

• I make great money rn
    Doesn't matter, whatever she is passionate about

• I don't really care but if she was rich I wouldn't mind haha ;)

• Want? As much as possible. I'll never complain about money unless it's being acquired illegally

Required? Not much, as long as you're not bitching 24/ about the job and it's enough to help around the house

• I don't care. I'm the one who has to make all the money.

• Idc as long as she's happy with doing what she's doing.

• I don't give a $hit how much a woman makes.

• I don't care. They should be able to support themselves, that's it.

• Who the hell voted for anything less than 100k? Screw that, I want that cheddar.

• Same amount as me or more I don't care as long as me and my wife make money and are rich af

• Lol it doesn't matter in any way whatsoever.

• Over 100k because I'm over that and that's the best way to tell she is not a gold digger...

• I don't want a spouse. But I want the results so I'm going to vote the lowest amount.

• the less a girl makes the more attractive she is to me. tbh

• Wow, girls have some high standards here, i was expecting girls to say maybe 50-70,000 but damn girls are aiming high.