How do you stop loving someone?

I've got a girlfriend and I love her, but there's also another girl who I've known for longer and still love (despite avoiding seeing her for 6 months).

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't

• Should I stop avoiding her then?

• Then good luck, only time will help

• Thanks. That's why I stopped seeing her, but I would have hoped to be over her by now - I've only known her a year and I haven't seen her for 6 months.

What Girls Said 4

• You need to make a choice. How long have you known both girls? List both the positives and negatives about each. Why do you love each one? Which could you never go through your life without? If you see your current girlfriend as the one you can never live without then you need to focus entirely on her. If not then you need to break up with her and let her move on.

• Well why do you like the other girl? Is there anything special about her that stands out to you?

• Not specifically, she just seems perfect.

• date the girl you're not with

• You should end things with your girlfriend if you're not giving her 100%. It's not fair to her.

• I love her and she loves me, she doesn't know I have feelings for the other girl. How is it not fair to her? She wants to be with me and that's what she's getting.

• You aren't giving her 100% if you're hung up on some other girl.

What Guys Said 1

• If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.

• Well my girlfriend is the second one, I've known the other girl nearly twice as long.