What is too big of an age gap?

This guy asked me out... We've been friends for years and there is a 3 year age gap between us...

• I think people should date people who are the same age.
  • 1-2 years
  • 3-4 years
  • 5+ years
  • Age doesn't matter
I'll be 18 in a week and he is 20 (technically two years)...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Just follow the high school rule. If you were in high school at the same time then go for it?

What Guys Said 10

• age doesn't matter... once a certain age has been reached.

but it certainly matters if say.. you're still a minor and he's like 27

• 100 years is quite big i would say.

• 1/2 your age plus 7 rule

• age ratio is what's important. not age gap.

7:8

• My personal range is 3 years

• Age is just a number so it does not matter

• I'd say anything past 3 years, that's just a little bit too much.

• Does not matter

• 18 year old and 60 year old.

Tell me age doesn't matter, people who voted E.

• 18 and 20 are good. And it changes as you get older.

What Girls Said 15

• How acceptable an age gap is depends a lot on how old each person is. Typically for people who are under 18, age gaps are not okay. If both people are adults though (over 18), then I don't think age matters as much and an age gap can be as large or small as the individual person is comfortable with.

Even if two people are not the same age, if they share similar hobbies, interests, values, and beliefs then the relationship can work. In my relationship, there is a 6 year age gap between us but we're both adults and we have a lot in common so it's not a big deal for us.

• I answer differently based on the age of the person asking the question. Like an 18 year old and a 13 year old is definitely a no, but a 35 and 30 doesn't matter. If you're under 18, I think 3 years is a little bit too large. To me age matters less compared to life experience.

• It depends on whether or not you are a legal consenting adult in most cases. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

• 3 years isn't that much, especially when you're both adults. 18 and 20 doesn't seem like a big gap to me. There's not a huge difference in maturity or experience. My current dating range is from 20 to 30.

• Once you reach a certain age, it doesn't really matter. 18 and 20 are fine. For years I was in love with a guy 11 years older than me. Right now I am interested in someone the same age. For me, I prefer guys my age or older. However, if I met a guy a couple years younger that I connected well enough with, I'd date him. I've never been in the situation where I was attracted to a younger guy, but I don't think I could do more than 3 years.

• Age matters more when you're a kid/teen/young adult. But the older you get, the less it matters since you mature and end up on the same page as your partner even if you're, say, 10 years apart.

• A 3 year age gap is nothing. My limit is a 10 - 15 year ages gap. Yup, panther right here. Rawr! Lmfao! :) For younger guys, no younger than 20 for me. Bruce Willis is 61 and his wife is 37, that's a 24 year age gap.

• I think a decade is pushing it. But it also depends on the ages. Like a 25 year old dating a 35 year old sounds a lot better than a 17 year old dating a 27 year old.

• At your age I wouldn't go over that.

• at your age you shouldn't be over a year difference. As you get older the age gap can increase

• It matters to an extent. If there's too large of an age gap then usually music interests and trends are different. For example the artists my parents listen to aren't what I listen to

• lmao that's a tiny age gap, it only is a problem when one of u is a minor and the other isn't

• Age doesn't matter as long as both people are legal age and no one is being abused.

• There is none. Age is just a number and love is an awesome thing to have

• under 18 age may matter but in the end I don't think so