Would you date someone who smoked weed everyday?

"I have a friend..." Anyway, would you date a guy or girl if you knew they smoked weed everyday? Let's assume they take care of their business in school or job and are otherwise responsible.

• Yes
  • Maybe
  • Definitely No

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, I mean I smoke weed myself here and then but everyday is just way too often, bro..

Most Helpful Guy

• Occasionally? Yes... Everyday? Nope..

I smoke weed occasionally.. It's no big deal,

• Thanks for the MHO

• You are welcome. FWIW, I was very surprised at the responses. I guess I take for granted that smoking everyday is just part of my life. I'll never know if it inhibits me. I don't have a scientific control group to know what I would be if I didn't smoke weed. But... I have friends, a home that I own, plenty of success and a successful (if not sporadic) music career. I have many friends who don't smoke at all. My world isn't consumed by it. But I really like it. Anyway, the overall negative response surprised me. I look forward to your future posts.

• Thanks... I know many people don't resend be with people who smoke.. But that can be because they don't smoke themselves... Or haven't tried ever..

Like for example weed... it's good shit if you do it occasionally... Like one or twice every week...
      But if I do it everyday it can get harmful...
      Some people are cool with it and some are not Lol

What Girls Said 15

• Yea of course, as long as they had their shit together I have no problem with it at all.

• They sound addicted... not into it. Potheads are not my thing, and people smoke everyday generally look smoked out and they always have beer guts.

• LOL. "Pothead." Some of my friends call me a pothead. I'm high functioning though. I don't have a beergut. LOL

• once you get out of college they aren't cool anymore... stoners is just a fun name to call someone who is addicted to something and chooses to do nothing about it. but i mean if your happy then , keep doing what you want. Definitely, a lot of people into it but just as much not into it.

• "Addicted"... that has really surprised me that people see stoners as addicted. Wow, didn't see that one coming.

• I would rather not be with someone who did something like that.

• No chance. I wouldn't date a smoker of any description, or anyone who uses illicit drugs. I don't need the drama they're sure to bring, with legality issues, and the personality changes that come with addiction. I've been through that with friends, and they're no longer my friends.

• Marry? No. Date? Possibly. Probably. I like weed.

• Not even occasionally

• No, I wouldn't. There's no way I would date someone who did that.

• I wouldn't date someone who smoked weed ever.

• Nope. Not attracted to stoners. Not attracted to any type of smokers. Although the guy I currently like used to smoke a lot of weed, but he stopped it a long time ago and he smokes the occasional cigars so it doesn't bother me too too much.

• I'm curious... Why "not attracted to stoners" in such a blanket way? We're not all alike. Just wondering.

• Ok, thanks for your response. I really do appreciate it. But why do you assume a stoner can't be serious and raise a family? I'm 25 and very successful; never been arrested (not that that's a determining factor of being ok); I make money; I have friends; own a home... I'm a descent person. Maybe all stoners aren't like me. But isn't it unfair to assume we're all just slackers? I'm probably the guy most moms would want you to bring home.

• Like I said I don't like unhealthy habits like that (drinking, smoking... drinking occasionally is alright). Im sure you're a great person and I've had friends that smoked and it concerned me cause I just wanted the to be healthy and safe. So you and I would be friends no problemo 😄 but I'm not sure if I would date. It would depend I guess if he was the one then I couldn't just turn him down, but I would plead with him to stop. That's just me lol.

• Everyday? No
    Occasionally? Sure.

• definite no, not a fan of drugs

• Nope. Weed smells disgusting in the first place.

• I'm not a fan of smokers

• No thanks.

• Smoking weed regularly is not a problem to me, but every day? I don't even know if it's possible to maintain a normally active life while doing that. Up to twice a week Id be okay with I suppose. I smoke myself once every few weeks, whenever it's a party with friends where I don't feel like dancing and Im offered some and it's nice and chill. Im not addicted, I often go months without noticing, but it's nice every now and then.

• It's not all day everyday. Sometimes it is and sometimes it's just like an hour before I go to sleep at night. Sometimes it's just right before sex. Because sex is better after smoking weed.

• Sex may feel better stoned, but your performance is better when sober.

Before bed to help you sleep I can understand. Whenever Im at a party and planning to go home within an hour or so, I often sit down with the stoners, smoke some, chat some and then I go home and sleep amazingly well.

What Guys Said 7

• Not every day no

• "If you smoke like I smoke and you're hiiiiighh like every day. And if your ass is a buster 213 will regulaaaaaate."
    At my age, nah, I gotta be past that kind of thing.

• And if your ass is a buster 213 will regulaaaaaate." I have no idea what you meant by that? pls explain.

• My old roommate smoked weed everyday after he got off work, let me tell you; there is nothing more annoying than high as fuck person, while you're sober. Now just throw it in everyday and it sucks ass.

• Huge turn off

• not at all, I've lost friends to that stuff. they all became retarded.

• Despite Snoop Dogg's advice, no.