Is 24 too old to start over in life?

I have made tons of mistakes, wasted my time on the wrong people. Let people family control me, lost myself, who I am, what I want. haven't lived life to the fullest. I regret a lot... is it too late?

Most Helpful Guy

• you still got time... at 24 it might seem late... but its really not. you've already noticed, thats step one.

What Guys Said 29

• Age is just a number. From the sounds of it, you sound like you're ready to give up and you are suffering from depression. Don't dwell in the past, find yourself and take risks to find what you want in life. Think about your future, always do. You're in a perfect time of your life to start again. Don't listen to negativity. Be dense to those who doubt. Listen to those who encourage you. Trust me, once you find what you want to do, you will feel empowered, motivated. But you need to help yourself and put in the massive amount of effort.

• i hardly think 24 is an age to worry about that stuff. you got years bfr you should think like that. whle you might have issues with family , people etc. it only lasts for a bit before you can move on and afford to stay somewhere else.

life is just beginning for you so dont worry about that.

• JK Rowling. Wrote Harry Potters in her 30s.
    Jon Hamm , the guy who plays as Don Drapper was working as a waiting when he's 29.
    Vivienne Westwood , worked as a teacher till her 30s.

It's only too late when you stop trying. Just try.

• It's only too late when you're dead.

Also if you're trying to have kids after a hysterectomy or menopause.

Otherwise, you're all clear

• Not too old at all sis, not at all

• Yes. I checked my calendar and the world ends in 90 minutes. Sorry you fucked your life up so badly but you have just enough time to smoke a bowl and masturbate.*

• *just kidding, you can start over in life. I would wait until the morning, it feels more like a new beginning. Good luck.

• There are not take backs and do overs in life. You just choose to walk a different path, and that can happen any time you are motivated to make it so.

• Never to old to change your life.

• Yes! it's too darn late for someone like you.
    A question like this one at 24 make worried for the future of man.

• It's never too late darling

• I hope not, for both our sakes and any other 24-year old

• Naw, you're good, d00d.

• I'm 36 and I'm "starting over".
    It's never too late.

• It's not too old. Go for it. You'll be fine!😚

• It turns out you can't no matter your age. Sorry bro.

• I'm trying to do it at 30. Don't sweat it. You got it!

• @HGStebbins , how is starting over at 30 been going for you? I ask because I'm in a similar boat.

• @TheSkaFish got to go to prison first. Then I'll be able to start working towards it. Looking into new job certifications after to be more employable.

• no, it's not tooo late, come on baby

• No it's not too late, you can be 90 and still want to turn your life around.

• depends, you planning on dying tomorrow?

• Never too late if you ask me.

• I started law school at 34. That was pretty much starting over.

• If you are below 30 its never to late. Above 30 can be a problem but below never

• Nope, it's definitely a good time!

• Nope we are still young and able

• What do you want to do, go back to kindergarten? Fake id and move to Mexico? Be more specific.

• Nope, it is just beginning. Most people get job and try to start over again in those ages.

• No, you still have plenty of time.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• NO... it's never too late! You're not even 25 or 30 yet! The past is over... even if it can haunt you sometimes; trust me... I know. Go back to college (if you flunked out/partied it up etc), Meet some GOOD people and find yourself again! Get a tattoo... get a piercing... do some yoga... work out... you'll get there. Take a trip out of the state or country. Remember... if you don't do something when you're young--you won't do it when you're old! Good Luck! Find your passion!!! Mine is helping people, art and writing! Rock on!

• No, it's not too late. Quarter-life crisis is a thing and there are so many opportunities this early to change your path. You can go back to school, learn a new trade, move out and start over without being tied to family, take part in new things and meet new people to find yourself again..

DM me if you want to talk about some more stuff.

• Nope its not to late unless your dead. Hell today I start working out well walking again! lol Its hard but you can do it.

• judging by the average life span you're still a toddler , well not really, but you're not too old at all.

• Nope one of the beauties of being human is that we can constantly reinvent ourselves. So start over if you feel like that's what you need.

• some people are just starting over after losing their families in natural disasters and you are saying 24 is too old

• You will (hopefully) live up to around 80 yo. You are 24 so you're about a quarter through life. Thus I'd say it's not too late.

• Not at all. I started over at 32, after a very rude awakening. No worries. You have every opportunity to make life what you want it.

• Its never too late to start over!

• Nope.

• It's never too late to turn your life around. Even if you were 84. FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!

• Are you kidding me? Unless you're on your death bed, it's not too late

• No. Do it now before it's too late.

• I don't think you can be too old to start fresh. It's just about learning from the past and moving on.

• No it's not! you're young and have plenty of time to start over.

• Absolutely not! You're still young

• No, 24 is still young.

• It's definitely not to late to have a fresh start in life :) I also have a lot of regrets and I refuse to let them hold me back from doing what I'm truly passionate about. I spent a lot of years grieving and forgiving the wrong people & the biggest lesson I learned is that you can't dwell on the negatives forever. I wish I'd enjoyed my teenage years and stopped worrying so much about how people would perceive me. Honestly you can start over in life at any point and I'm glad you're seeking a new beginning. Don't let anybody tell you any different :) Good luck finding happiness elsewhere :)

• Trust me, you are not old at all. I felt this way when I was 20 (I'm not even kidding), and I can see now I was so young but I couldn't see it then.

Sometimes i fear my looks will go away and then I'll be nothing. But then I realize, is this who I want to be? A pretty girl? That's all?

Age can give me so much of things that youth cannot. In time I'll be a professional. I'll be better educated. I'll be someone's wife. I'll be someone's mom. I'll be a more content person.

If I could just learn to stop thinking being beautiful is the only thing that makes me who I am, it would be really helpful for me. So I stopped looking at it as something that defines me and am thinking I should focus more on my life.

You could be a lawyer. A doctor. A writer. A singer. There's so much that awaits you, try not to think too much about the past.

• No... not at all! Go for it or you'll be here at this exact place 10 years from now...
    You are still very young!