You ever gotten the rejection speech?

Like that "you're a great guy/girl, but..."

I can't stand it, I'm left thinking "Bitch you could've just said no" lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep. I hate it too. The worst part of it is how they try to sugar-coat it, like "... but I am a very special person with superpowers and the enemy is after me I have to save the world and I don't have enough time to give you what you DESERVE, I must save the world! But it's not you, it's me... I will come to save you once I save the world!". Brooo, just say you're not into me, lol.

• Or the "any guy/girl would be lucky to have you"

Any girl huh? But not you, well ain't that some shit lol

• Lol yeah! Or "It's not you, it's me". GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Most Helpful Guy

• Ahahah you know when a "But" comes to you actually that means " I'm just talking to you dumbass because I don't wanna break your heart and head, now listen to me carefully I won't say that again I don't like you"

What Girls Said 9

• Not yet, but I've given it.

... don't hate me lol.

Actually, for rejection, usually guys (I say guys because I date them, but girls must do this too) just fall off the face of the earth. One day you hear from him, and then weeks go by and I guess we're not dating anymore lol.

• "I'm not looking for a relationship right now." is the worst, because they're implying there's hope for the future when really they just didn't have the guts to tell you they didn't like you.

Luckily, I've been in s relationship for years, so I can just tell them I'm already taken without having to explain myself.

• Really? My experience as a women is that if you just say no thanks most guys get angry. They want to know exactly why your not interested in them. It's not that there is anything wrong with the guy, it's just he isn't what I'm looking for.

• Never lol. I have however given some people it. And I hateee it sooo much. 😩

• I've heard it quite a few times.

• Yes a couple times, not like I care. There are more fish in the sea.

• Never given it.

• no lol but if they didn't like me they would not say it to me. They'll show u signs thats all

• I recently met an amazing guy. Him and I really click, but I had to reject him.

You see I have been very sick for the past 3+ years. (I have a heart condition and spent most of high school in a hospital room.)

Last semester I was released from the hospital and this semester I met the guy! The timing however is bad. I really want to go out with him, but I need to rediscover myself and get better.

I told him no for now, and if he's still interested in 6 months to come find me. Does this make me a bitch for giving him the rejection speech in my situation?

• Yes. It's a poor excuse. If you really liked him you would date him no matter what. You would WANT him and his presence, kisses, attention would make you recover faster. You are young and I think you are just confusing your "excuses" with "not being into him".

• The right person/love makes you want to live in the moment and jump into each other right away like there is no tomorrow. The real thing makes you think irrational and it makes you wanna fast pace it before someone else grabs is. If you don't feel that way, well then I'm sorry to say but he is not the real thing for you.

• Nah, I'd say a speech is necessary for all that.

What Guys Said 9

• any person who says that or any variant of that speech is trying to spear your feelings cause they care. i rather someone say that than the normal route which is they just go ghost and your just like WTF.

when i get this speech i just move on and act like its their loss in the end. remember its up to you to continue the friendship. not them.

• That was almost the only thing that I heard from women when I was younger than 30.
    More times than I care to remember I was told that I was too nice, or too intelligent, or too educated, or from a different strata of society.
    Apparently it pays to be a retarded, uneducated resident of welfare housing.

• It means "I'm not attracted to you", or "you exhibit red flag behavior and I want nothing to have nothing to do with that".

• I have heard it--after having an outing and then sex with her. I have never wanted a one-night stand, but all too often that is what it turned into, and it always ended with that kind of rejection speech.

• Nope. I've given it before in varying degrees , it sucks ass.

• Nope.

• We all have and it hurts.

• nope

• Once, 25 years ago. Hasn't happened since.