Guy I never met keeps messaging me. Do I stop messaging him?

I matched with a guy on tinder. I already left his city, but he messaged me after I left. He's been messaging me everyday since. Asking what I'm doing on tinder. He keeps checking my bio and joking around on why I'm changing it. I asked him why is he checking on it. He said he's bored and my pictures are interesting. Okay cool- so he asks me about my tinder experiences. I asked about his. He says he met a cool girl and been a few hook ups. Cool. I'm too nice and I don't like to leave people hanging. I'll feel bad not responding. But I already know we are in different cities, he's bored and we might not meet each other. I'm always a hopeless romantic and thinking maybe he sees something in me but then my realistic side kicks in and destroys my fairytale. Lol. I don't want to catch any feeling while I'm 75% at the I don't care phase. 25% of him is catching my attention though. Should I unmatch him? Or wait until he stops messaging me?

• Stop messaging him-- unmatch
  • Just keep talking, you never know

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah just unmatch that shit

• Gah. Its so hard though. -.-
      I'll feel bad. Why does he have to keep messaging me? I'll just tell him it was nice talking to him and leave it at that. Because I'm a wimp and a pushover. -_-

• Sounds bad when you read it.
      "Only keeps me around because he's lonely." Lol. Kinda makes me angry. Ugh lame.

• it's a possibility, maybe he has other intentions in mind. yeah it is a shitty feeling though, but you'll get over it in due time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I seriously do Not give Tinder a Good name with any Dick or Jane But... One never knows how it goes on behind the Computer curtain.
    You just said 'I already left his city,' So perhaps you can make arrangements to go Back and meet up with Jack?
    Keep Messaging and see where it Might go. More than likely he wants to just play around but it might be fun anyway to Paint the town Red, No one says you have to go to Bed.
    One thing to always remember in Any Dating Site.. Don't wear your heart on your Sleeve, Should they just up and Leave.
    Good luck. xx

• I'd rather not go to meet a guy anymore. I did that 2 times with guys and they all ended badly. I don't have any plans to go back to his city for a while. So I see no point in us talking. But he keeps messaging. He must be truly bored. I don't know how to end it.

• Good deal then. xxoo

• Thank you, sweetie, for the Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• be mature and decent by just telling him the truth, that you're not interested.

• I'm not sure how to say it nicely though. Aithout sounding like a jerk

• don't intentionally be mean, but its better not to try being nice. he'll get over it faster if you're more upfront.

• Yeah I told him he must be bored. He said what makes you think I'm bored. I told him he's messaging me and I'm in a different city. So I don't know if he will respond to that. *shrugs*

• He's bothering you or you wouldn't have asked this. Cut him loose. You're not interested. Time to move on.

• Interesting that you can read me but I can't read myself. Yeah I will. Thanks

• It's often easier to see the truth with an outside perspective. That's why people go to therapy, after all.