How to confess my feelings via text?

I have a major crush on this guy I'm friends with and I really want to confess my feelings. The problem, though, is that we're a bit of a long-distance friendship/potential relationship, so I don't know when the next time I see him in person will be. But I nevertheless want to tell him how I feel, even if I can't do it in person (which I would have preferred).

Would it be weird if I told him with a text message? And if it wouldn't be weird for me to do it over text, how do I go about it without being awkward or scaring him off? I want to be able to be casual about it and play it cool if he turns me down.

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't be weird if you just texted him all your feelings. Just be specific. BUTTTT... I must say this. Think it through first. Try to really figure out if you want a long distance relationship. I've had one. It's difficult, it's frustrating, and it's just sad at times. It's not ideal.

• Thanks for the advice. I did think it through (a lot), and I decided that I was willing to do the long-distance thing for him even though it'd be difficult. But it didn't even matter in the end because he rejected me

• I agree. Thanks for the talk, it's been my pleasure. 👍🏽☺️

• Lol send long strings of cryptic emojis

What Guys Said 3

• A girl and a guy who are "friends". But look! Eventually one of the caught feelings! How is this possible? I thought they were "just friends"!

No it wouldn't be weird at all. Maybe it will make things easier in the end.

• I don't think it would be weird but i think it would be more meaningful in person

• It wouldn't be weird becuase ur telling him how you feel about him and tha u care.

What Girls Said 2

• Why even discuss it? Do you really wan t a long distance relationship and all the problems that come with that?

• Omg I'm in the exact same position
    Let me know if you figure out what to do lol I need helpppp