Guys, have you ever fallen for your friend with benefits?

Is it possible for a man to fall for someone they're having casual sex with?

What if the relationship evolves into a deep connection and caring for that person? Does that not really happen for men?

I ask because a man I am having casual sex with really enjoys my company and says he really cares about me. I am wondering if he just cares for me as a friend or if he is having deeper feelings.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he wants to be in your knickers and your heart

• Really? I appreciate your response. He said to me a couple of days ago (during a slightly serious chat) that I "don't know how much" he cares for me. He looked away with a little smirk as if he failed to show it. I guess I never realized before. Guys are usually truthful about that sort of thing?

• Well thank you so much for your response! :)

• When I first read this, I thought you said "sex panther". That would have been better, in my opinion.

What Guys Said 23

• Should have made a poll :/

Personally I haven't had any fwbs but I dont think I would fall for one. If I put a girl in the fwbs category it would be because there is something about her that prevents me from seeing her as a girlfriend.

• Yeah I have before, we dated for awhile

• Its happened to me. thats how i married my wife. she out of the blue said "do you love me" i said give me 24 hours. The next day i said yes, and the rest is history

• I have twice. One was a ex that cheated on me, and found out later she was a hoe. The other stopped talking to me and went back to her asshole ex. It's no big deal it's not my fault they aren't into nice guys. Moving on.

• never had any friends with benefits

• nope only for a friend. never had friends with benefits tbh.

• It is possible he cares. Do you fell the same?

• I haven't, no, but I'm sure it's possible.

• I don't even do that shit. If I'm in a relationship, I have sex. If I'm not in one, I don't. Can't have it both ways

• Yes I have.

• Is he married?

• No he's not - what does that mean?

• Thinking I've never had one, no I haven't

• Nope.

• Yes Fallen in bed with her...

• Yes.

• Yes surely happens.. happened to me

• If she's not exclusive with me? No, I could not fall in love with her.

• I don't understand the concept of love.

• No sorry.

I don't have enough respect of that kind for my cum buckets :)

• I did, the first time, somewhat, I should say, but we were able to end it with no hard feelings, I would go over and stay overnight or she would come over, leave in the morning. I was in my early 20s at the time, and more focused on riding my motorcycle. I think we were both starting to develop feelings, and she was planning on moving to another state. We were friends with benefits with the understanding that it was monogamous.

The second time we both fell in love with each other, problem was she was married and had 3 children. This was someone I worked with and we were both lonely. We were both too stupid to realize it would never last because she wasn't going to break up her family. It went on for a few years. What happened was one time, after not wanting any for a long time, he wanted to sleep with her, and that one time she got pregnant, so we had to end it. It hurt us both to end it. It's the only time I was involved in an affair, and to this day I can't even figure out how things really happened.

• No, she was lonely, I was horny. We both wanted sex and since I'm more of a love making kinda guy than a fucker it was a good match. It was obvious though from the very beginning a relationship would never ever work. We were very different people, with different lives, different futures, and different desires and philosophies towards life in general. I came to trust her, and be comfortable with her but I never actually fell in love with her. When she left and found a boyfriend I was happy to see her go, relieved because I wanted her to be with someone that made her happy and was scared that she would fall for me and I'd have to break her heart.

• Yesss all the time. This is why friends with benefits never work. Someone gets feelings.

• I had a friends with benefits and ended up falling madly in love with her

What Girls Said 4

• Ain't too many things that surprise this old girl... but, I'm genuinely surprised -- and in the best possible way, too -- by the number of "yes" answers from boys, to this question.

Fuck yeah, love <3 <3

• ew no... since I would never be with one. Love never works you should learn that now than later

• It is possible but highly unlikely; however it can happen if its mean to be

• I would disagree that it is highly unlikely, I think it is in fact very likely because you share something very intimate with somebody.

• I have only had hookups when I was single, usually after a relationship that'd mess me up pretty bad. When I'd start having sex with a partner usually it'd be just sex in the beginning and it'd be all nice to feel good.

But since I am very sensual and I like to touch and taste every inch of the partner's body, and get extremely sensual, I become addicted to the smell of her hair, to how her skin feels on my hand, every moan I hear and help her make, and it gets even worse if I cuddle after the act.

I just become so emotionally attached to a person I'm having sex with that I start wishing I could have something more. In my latest example, this feeling was returned and I've been with her for 2.5 years so far.

• @Deconstruction That's great! a successful story from that

• They are just great actors most of the time