MEN; IF YOU LOVE A WOMAN HOW CAN YOU?

If you love a woman, how can you be ok with needing weeks of "alone time"?
Don't you miss your girl enough to contact her, especially after a fight?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I'm in the relationship, I'll communicate in some way. but people need space sometimes. I'm an introvert (social but recharge by getting away) and need time away to recover (because my girlfriend would stress me out and I her).

we both agreed one time to take 1.5m off, retry. It doesn't work without some kind of effort to produce change. It just takes the crazyiness down to temporaryily... all the underlying issues are still there. Eventually I decided to end it and that took 6+ months to achieve. The tentacles of relationships run deep.

I remember saying to her more than once... love is not enough... I love her (the her I perceive is there, the tender child in her), but I didn't like her and the realtionship (the junk and pain and negativity... etc...). It was too much for me, in my state at that time to handle.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone needs "alone time" it's not a healthy relationship if you don't spend time on your own at times. . I don't mean for weeks though.

After a fight, some people need to be alone to mediate and calm down until they clear their head , but this shouldn't be for weeks or days.

What Guys Said 14

• Men often take awhile to process how they feel, they aren't really good at that feelings processing thing, unless they have been trained by self or by someone else. If he needs weeks of alone time, it could be that he's moved on if this is a regular occurrence and he just doesn't know how to tell you with out it leading to conflict.

• yeah but at the same time i know women good enough that they need space after a fight so they won't feel smothered because they think your just trying to manipulate them or something.

i can't figure it out myself but i know after a fight women need a, one time so i do my own thing

• weeks of alone time? yea that is excessive.

• 1 week of not seeing each other or talking, then 2 weeks of not seeing each other due to him leaving for work to a different state... and yet he still isn't talkative!

• i need alone time all the time. just because i want to do my own thing from time to time doesn't mean anything.

• I could not go weeks on end without some kind of time together.

I go away for business once in awhile, and my girl and I FaceTime when I am every night.

I have to keep in touch with her somehow!

• We dont. he's over you. Time to grt over him.

• If things get heated it is reasonable to want to be separated for a while in order not to ruin your relationship.

• I love my dog doesn't mean I have to stay 24 hrs besides him , we all need time aline and time to miss each other so we can value each other

• Maybe he just needs to cool down a bit, after all you guys have been fighting a lot.
    Just apologise to him and give him that week off. Then try to make things work.

• hun we love women
    but women's mentality in today's age is horrible
    they run on feelings dumbest thing to do

• Alone time is bullsht in my opinion. Needing "a break" to me is the beginning of the end.

• After 2 years of fighting (mostly my fault), he moved out and we decided to keep dating. Then we had a fight last week, and he said "I need to be left alone"... he kept a photo of us on his fb for his friends and family to see, he even has his tv, computer etc at my place. Now that he left for 2 weeks for work, he is ignoring me and told me he is stressed. But how can you just not miss the person?

• Because, all the feeling and healing crap gets tedious very soon. I don't buy it when folks say girls want that all the time. Alone time is healthy. Gives guys time recharge their batteries and review their relationships.

• because we doubt if we still love you.

• I can still love someone but need my alone time, I love my siblings but they can drive me nuts at times

• But I'm not talking weeks if it's my woman, a few days is fine, if it starts to be weeks then I would be rethinking the relationship

What Girls Said 0