Boyfriend going to a concert with another girl?

So, my boyfriend is going to a concert with another girl. He claims she's just an old friend, I've never met her, but then again we're long distance. I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it (okay, I wouldn't have been HAPPY about it... but I would have accepted it) except that I didn't find out he was going with her until she tagged him in a Facebook post proclaiming that she's pumped about the concert tomorrow night. When I, calmly, confronted him about it, he told me he didn't tell me because I "didn't ask." Which only made me more upset. So, I continued to try and rationalize it verbally with him (asking questions like "don't you see how me finding out that way feels shady to me?") But he hung up on me like a 13 year old girl. Am I really overreacting? In my opinion, the omission of the details is still a lie.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's gonna be fucking her pussy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're overreacting. Especially because you're in a long distance relationship, communication is key. It's weird to me he wouldn't have said anything, because usually if I'm talking to my guy he or I will ask, "how was your day, what'd you do today?" And that would be something I'd bring up. Like "oh I got tickets to see ______ with ______ on ______!" Though honestly in this case he might just be being a dumb boy, but the hang up thing bothers me more because it sounds like he has terrible conflict resolution skills.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Dude, the hanging up would have made me want to retaliate. I'd talk to the girl. Just introduce yourself nicely and tell her the situation, your boyfriend is going with a girl he tried to keep secret. Ask her for her own advice. If you're polite, she shouldn't take offense.

• I'd say you're over reacting, yeah. Unless he's ever given you a real reason to suspect he's not being faithful.

He's allowed to have friends.

• in my opinion, maybe he didn't mention/tell you about it because he didn't think it was that big of a deal that she's just a friend and all that.
    Still, I feel he shouldn't have hung up on you and should've instead assure you that there's nothing that you should worry about and assure you to that you can trust him.