Am I a bad person for wanting to leave my girlfriend for a girl I feel more compatible with?

Like I haven't cheated, but I am more attracted to this other girl

• Yes
  • No
I feel awful but I don't want to not be genuine to my girlfriend
bump

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're simply unhappy. You haven't cheated which is really good! Although i shouldn't have to, but props to you for not cheating. If you did cheat, then it'd be a yes. But you haven't done anything wrong, so you're not bad. BUT you must think it over. Do you love your girlfriend? Do you lust after or do you feel connected to the other girl? Do you simply feel "more compatible" with the other one? If you had a non-sexual relationship with both of them, who would you be happier being with? Both? Gf? Other girl? Neither?

Take those into mind and then act on your feelings. Because if you leave your girlfriend and find out you dont like the other girl at all, your girlfriend won't take you back.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, you're actually doing what you have to do. Being with her while you like another girl would make you a bad person.

Don't feel bad for doing the right thing.

What Girls Said 14

• Leave dude, leave. If you really cared about this first girl, the other one would not have entered your mind. Something deep and vital is missing in your current relationship anyway even if you can't see it at the moment.

Whether it makes you a bad person? Eh.. I don't know. We don't choose who we love and dating is not as big of a commitment as marriage. It's ok I suppose. Hurtful and cold, but lesser of two evils.

• No, sometimes that's a reason why relationships end. It'd be more unfair to her if you stayed in this and your heart wasn't in it because you knew there was someone out there that you'd be happier with.

• You're not married to her... if you find yourself more attracted to the other girl, the right thing to do is break up with your girlfriend. She deserves to be with someone who wants her. You deserve to be with someone you want to be with.

• Yes, if you are acting on feelings while in a relationship (but you say you aren't). But no, if you leave the relationship and then act on them.

But be honest whichever way. She deserves honesty

• i think its worse to stay in a relationship where you're thinking about another girl. i say explore dating this more compatible girl... you'll kick yourself if you dont try

• While it isn't an ideal situation and I'm sure that she'll be hurt, I don't think that you're a bad person. At least you didn't cheat. Although I wonder how you came to realize that you were more compatible and all with this new girl.

• that's my question too. asker: you should elaborate on that.

• @thewanderingme Just a couple of conversations, she works at my gym so I met her there I feel like there's a lot of potential and chemistry

• It doesn't make you a bad person.

You should leave her and go for the chick you're more compatible with. It's better to be with someone you're more compatible with, it makes it easier to be happy and open with them.

• Well I only see if your a shitty person if you start talking to this girl when you were dating this girl. Also, got to close and you knew it too.

• well, it's going to suck for her... but better to leave now then waiting.

• leave I'm sure the door is not locked.

• BAd would be to still be with Her knowing You don't feel good with Her but with another.

• Bad person? No. An Asshole? Hell yeah

• Do you connect with the other girl on a deeper level too? Like do you guys converse a lot?

• I've just talked with her a couple times because she works at my gym

• I can tell there is chemistry

• Then yeah I would say break it off as soon as possible. You both deserve to be a persons first choice and she isn't yours right now. Good luck with everything!

• depends looks or personality

• both

• then na ya not bad it only bad if you want her more cuss she has more sex appeal

• lol my ex left me for some girl that he liked better and it was no big deal for me i want him to be happy to lol

What Guys Said 9

• shit happens.

do what you gotta do.

• Lol @ poll No wonder marriages are failing. Let me tell you, there will always be someone you'll be more attracted to, no matter who your partner is.
    But,
    Commitment >love
    If you make a goddamn decision , stick with it at least as much as you can.

• he never mentioned being more attracted to the second one. he claims to feel more compatible, which is more important than just looks.

• No, girls do it all the time. I wouldn't get hung up on one girl just because you need confirmation from people online.

• No at least its not cheating.

• That's the exact reason you want to end a relationship.

• It might hurt her, but if you like the other girl better you're young go for it.

• Do it

• no, fuck the most superior pussy you can. make women compete for you.

• No you gotta look out for yourself. No point in being with a girl who doesn't make you truly happy.