Guys, if you were looking for a girlfriend would you be happy with honesty?

Hey guys. I'm currently crushing on someone who's decided to ghost me. We got along like a house on fire. But he's suddenly ghosted. I believe I deserve better then that. Anyways I've been approached about a guy my age that's looking for a girlfriend but is too shy to put himself out there. Now I have no idea what he looks like etc. Only that his family are lovely, good ole fashioned gentlemen values etc. I don't want to miss out on a chance of meeting someone new but my head is messed up atm (hurt by being ghosted). If I'm honest with him from the start and tell him I'm not sure what I'm looking for but if it doesn't work out we can be friends and he may meet someone through hanging out with me and my friends. Or I may meet him and everything falls into place. I'm a girl that goes by that instant chemistry and spark. So because I haven't met him I don't know what to do. I don't want to get this guys hopes up and hurt him.

Most Helpful Guy

• I suggest you be honest, yet don't be radically honest, you can leave out the negative or lack of attraction thing, wait until you give him a chance. Stating negatives shows doubt, and doubtful thinking tends to lead to doubtful actions, which could kill your chances for romance. State what you are looking for, set boundaries of what you will and won't accept as far as treatment, yet be realistic. Give him a chance to wow you , you just might be surprised, if you come off as cynical then it will throw water on the wood that could ignite potential flames. Keep an open mind anything good could happen, let yourself just go with the flow and relax, so that your true nature comes out not the hurt you.

• I think that's why I've had such bad luck in the past. Been so terribly hurt. But this time I went in relaxed and chilled taking day by day. We got along well... hadn't been on date yet but that was ok. Then out of no where he asked where it was going (said fun, see where it goes) and I have not heard from him since. I've texted him but no reply. We've even driven past each other he looked directly at me and looked away when he seen me look at him. Talk about avoiding someone.

• That's right the sky's the limit!! :)

• Thank you for MHO!! :)

What Guys Said 2

• No we like being lied to. I demand honesty

• Yes, honesty is the best policy

• i would be honest with him but dont make it seem it will fail by saying things like if it doesn't work out. you need to be positive.