What's worse in dating: being an ugly woman with a great personality, or an average guy with a "nice guy" personality?

I've personally seen obese women with over a 100 partner count. Never a nice guy. Just saying, that's my experiences.

• Awesome Yet ugly looking girl
  • Nice guy average joe with soft personality

Most Helpful Guy

• A nice guy is already bad enough, but an average looking one is a double whammy

Unless he has a lot of money, he's screwed

The obese women can still get a man

What Girls Said 4

• damn i meant to vote A.

anyway, with guys, the looks are important, no matter how great she is.
    with girls, the personality does take a little more importance, even though we love looks too, but we can still let it slide, because average is still great, and so is a nice personality.

• I suppose. In terms of casual sex, an ugly woman will still slam the average joe, but they both will struggle to find a great relationship.

• Yip. So in Australia do you think it's fair enough for me to say that there is nothing wrong with me getting a sex worker then since nice guys don't get that much women (for casual sex anyway?) like if your mate saw prostitutes, would you judge him?

• honestly mate, I'm not into the casual sex lifestyle to begin with, so my opinion probably wouldn't be the best one to seek.
      However, if i had a friend who saw prostitutes, i wouldn't think ill of him, but i wish he knew he was more than that. i'd care enough to let him know that the patience it takes to find the right girl will make up for any casual sex he's ever had. it just depends on whether my mate is open to listening.

• ugly is always worse than average no matter the gender. silly question.

however, everyone can improve/enhance their looks.

• It's not a silly question. You proved me right 😊 It's personality vs looks, that's what the question implies. would rather be ugly and have that personality that attracts women (and do that easy thing of improving your looks... like you said) than have a nice guy Personality that doesn't attract women at all even though you look better than a lot of your mates who get women all the time lol. Improving your personality is much harder and a lot more subjective than looking good. I keep saying it, I would rather give up my abs and v lines or 100kg bench pressing arms and have that personality that gets women, than a healthy gym body

• It's personality my dear. I manscape like Edward scissor hands does a garden. means shit. Again, I would rather be... a dirty Dreadlocked hobo with that personality than my goofball, gym going, manscaping self. i also have a great tattoo sleeve;)

• don't call me 'my dear' that is extremely disrespectful and unnecessary.

I never said personality doesn't affect things. but your original question is if the person is ugly. the best personality in the world isn't going to do a thing for someone who is truly ugly.

• I just can't get guys no matter what I do

• The person with mental health issues who blames the system and others instead of getting it treated. (I have mental health issues - many people on GAG compulsively asking similar questions seem to fit the profile for anxiety disorders at the least).

What Guys Said 5

• Neither. I think both are worse. However one of them could be a little less worse than the other.

• Definitely the "Nice guy average joe with soft personality", given who does the pursuing and who is pursued.

• They are both fucked but the ugly girls is more fucked.

• I'd say they're even.

• The answer is very obvious, the ugly girl with a great personality

• That obvious hey. 🤔 Then why is it that many men are incels and many obese women still have a high sexual partner count.