Too much for the first date?

OK so I asked this beautiful girl out. we went out to this fancy restaurant and had nice meal. then we went to the beach at night. it was so romantic.we kissed a lot, just talked it was just amazing. I even let her drive my car which never happens..EVER. and she kissed me first btw. then we were walking and she said that we should go to my apartment some day and do some fun stuff(not sexual). so its been 2 weeks since then and we've barely talked to each other and on a day that we were supposed to go out she never even texted me back so obviously we didn't go out. I just don't know what happened. one day she all over me and then she just cuts me off. can someone explain?

Most Helpful Guy

• Meh, she's just not that into you, or you didn't call her when she thought you should and she has ridiculously strict rules. Who knows, too late now, drop thinking about her like a bad habit... well because it is!

But relax though, nothing you did, not your fault.

What Girls Said 4

• First off, don't sit there and drive your self crazy thinking about what you could have done wrong! You'll go insane doing that. Girls like to feel wanted someitmes (not saying it's right), but maybe she wants to see if you will initiate the plans. Why don't you try talking to her or calling her? If she isn't interested she should have the decensy to tell you instead of ditching you. But I mean, try texting her to make plans, but don't kiss her ass! That wasn't nice of her to stand you up. But if you are really into her like it seems you are, and it seems like she was into you too, then I wouldn't give up just yet :) Keep smiling!

• This girl just like your looks and well probably your car just kidding...but seriously maybe she is just into some of you rather than your whole self she is obviously not worth it it was like a one night stand just don't even bother with her and I'm pretty sure, if she does end up calling, she will have you for that night in your apartment doing "NOTHING SEXUAL" and then dissapear again and and she might think its ok with you if you let her do it. So now what you can do now is just forget about her or go find her and ask her what her deal is and if she has no explanation or that she needs time its not true because when you like someone too you don't treat them like a toy and play with them only when its for your physical and emotional needs.

• I have a rule that no matter how great a first date appears to be going, keep them sweet and simple. There is a dance of connection followed by separation and back to connection that happens during the initial phases of dating and a relationship. While you are with that person and connected you may feel really good, but then when you have the separation and time to think after, you may feel overwhelmed by the experience. It could feel uncomfortably too connected, as if you are already in a relationship when clearly you are not. It can be suffocating.

Of course, the other issue is that people are busy experiencing a date, and only later when they have time to themselves can they actually mull over what happened and consider how they feel, especially once they have time away from you. And, if any alcohol was consumed on the date, well that can really loosen people up to doing things they cannot sustain when they have not been drinking.

Also, not sure how assertive you are being in getting to the next date. Have you been calling her to talk or just texting? Texting is so non-committal and passive. Also, the idea that you had a date planned with her and all that you can say is she didn't text you back so you didn't go out, again very passive. Just because she kissed you once doesn't mean she wants to lead the whole deal. Maybe that is not what is happening at all, but if it is, you need to step it up.

• Im confused. so you are saying I should have called. then would have changed things?

• I am sorry, what are you asking about?

• Maybe she found the first date a little overwhelming? For me, first dates never get that intimate. It might have scared her a little bit to get that close to someone that quickly.

• But she kissed me first?

• Caught up in the moment maybe?

• Aight cool thank u

What Guys Said 1

• im not sure id say that she's cutting you off? I mean maybe she's busy? have you tried calling her and just saying "whats up" and not pressing for another date?

when was the last time you talked? I mean sometimes things come up that are unexpected...family issues? maybe she saw your text and was busy then forgot? I'm sure things are fine, just take it slow, sounds like you had a good time your first date so who knows...

GL

• Well its a finals week for her. so maybe she is busy

• Tru....but dude live your life...dont let this control you, I know you like her but don't sit and wait for her to contact you....i don't agree that everything was too soon on teh first date...it seems like she made all the moves...just take it slow

• Aight nan thanks for advise