Would you let your bf/gf be friends with any of his/her exs?

I heard people talking on the radio about this and i couldnt believe what i was listening to.. people saying yes im ok with it, no I'm not ok with it.

I personally think that you shouldn't let you significant other be friends with any of the exs and he/she should kow not to be friends out of respect.

Its shocking to find people that let their significant other be friends with his/her ex. I agree that you're not supposed to control who your bf/gf talks to but its an EX! I feel like something could happen there again maybe not a relationship but a hook up. I guess im one of the few guys that think that way

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but who am I to tell him who he can or can't be friends with? I'd make sure he knows how I feel about the whole thing but ultimately leave the decision whether to be friends with them up to him. I would hope he'd take my feelings into consideration.

Most Helpful Guy

• my girlfriend is still friends with her ex ans so am i thats ok for me

What Girls Said 5

• I have no illusions that I control what my partner does and who he's friends with. He's not my slave, I can't tell him 'you're not allowed to be friends with that person' and he's not just going to allow me to do that. There's one person that I asked him if it was okay he didn't speak to and he accepted that because I was able to put forward a good argument as to why and he agreed. But yeah, if I turned to him and said 'you're not allowed to be friends with them', I'd get promptly told to fuck off and it'd probaly be the same if he asked me.

• My boyfriend is still very good friends with his ex. They had a mutual break up because they just weren't in love with each other any more but they got on so well as friends that they still are today. I don't have any problem with it because I trust him completely and he's been very honest with me about it.

• Lets say that for whatever reason they wanted to hang out but you were busy and couldnt go with them and he went with just her, you would be completely ok with it?

• Ya it would be fine. He's allowed to hang out with whoever he wants.

• i think its insane to try to control anyone and tell anyone who or who not to talk to. if the love is true it doesn't matter whos talking to who

• Yes I would let him. He is allowed to be friends with anyone he wants. His life, his choices. I don't like to be controlling.

• I think you should trust your SO

What Guys Said 2

• Depends how friendly they are, if it's too friendly then I say bye. lol

• I'm ok with it because she won't leave me anyway