When dating a woman how far do flowers really go?

So you're on a first date and you present flowers, just a nice bouquet, is this something that is wanted?
Or is it too much and cumbersome since they'll just die on the kitchen table alongside the whole garden she keeps getting from other first dates?

• I like recieving flowers
    61% (30)8% (2)43% (32)Vote
  • I hate receiving flowers
    20% (10)4% (1)15% (11)Vote
  • I like giving flowers
    2% (1)35% (9)13% (10)Vote
  • I hate giving flowers
    0% (0)15% (4)5% (4)Vote
  • Flowers? Where is the chocolate?
    17% (8)38% (10)24% (18)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0
18|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Flowers are sweet, but I prefer chocolate. You can't eat flowers. :p

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 17

• I think that a bouquet on the first date may be a little too much for me (I'd still like them, but it feels like too much of a gift), but I absolutely love flowers so later on in the relationship, it'd be very much appreciated.

0|1
    0|0
  • Flowers are nice but they're more something you give to someone you have an existing relationship/connection with. Personally, I'd feel weird getting a gift from a guy on a first date... like he was trying to buy my affection or something.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would love them! It's a sweet gesture that I don't think really happens anymore, so I doubt she has a garden on the kitchen table haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't want 50$ flowers just 5$ at the flea market will do

0|1
    0|0
  • thats for relationship things! not for first date!

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't need to get her flowers. But she isn't going to complain about you being sweet and thoughtful. It will be a nice surprise either way

0|0
    0|0
  • i love flowers with all my heart <3 no i would take extra good care of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Flowers are beautiful where they are." - mom, 2k15
    They are cute and I like to smell them occasionally when I go home (I live in a neighborhood that looks like a villeage, but it's part of the city), but I would rather let them in nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think all flowers smell awful so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah flowers are a nice gesture but what am I supposed to do with a flower at the end of the day? 😂 They'll die in 2 days anyway so what's the point. I'd prefer to get something I actually like, not what he assumes I'll like. I'd still appreciate the flowers though, don't get me be wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never gotten flowers. Every guy I've dated has told me it's a dumb idea. One guy told me I hadn't done enough to deserve them.

All I've ever wanted was some flowers. Oh well, I guess it's not meant to be.

0|0
    0|0

• _._
      .' '.
      / \ ___
      _.. _.--. / .' `'.
      ;-._ .' `\ .' `\ \ / \
      .' `\/ ; / _ \.=..=./ _.' /
      `\.---._ '. .-'-.}`..`{-'-. /
      .--; . ( .' '. \ .---.{ () }.--..-'
      / _ \_ './ _. `-./ _},'`.{_ `\
      ( = \ )`""'\;--. .' .-'/ )=..=;`\`- \
      {= ( ) /`. ( / / \ )
      ( =_/ )__..-\ .'-..___.' : '.___..-'
      \ }/ / ;.____.-;/\ `
      '--' .' \ \ /'. _.'
      \ ' / \.\ ; /`--.-'
      ) .'`-. / \ \ `|
      /__.-' \_.'jgs \ \ -|

• Show All
    • @LucasGaribaldi Lol, well, it's still appreciated!

• The codes above where, allegedly, keybord flowers that i copypasted for you but the codes failed miserably. So, pretend i took an awful rain and they got ruined.

• I like getting flowers. It's a sweet gesture.

0|0
    0|0
  • Useless af presents, you get me flowers and I'll eat that shit in front of u

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate flowers, so giving them to me is a huge minus. Some women like them. I don't know that they're first date appropriate though. Kind of a "trying too hard" move, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like getting flowers. I think its sweet and not going over the top.

0|0
    0|0
  • i do not like getting flowers… they just die. How is that romantic? all love dies? lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Sometimes it's not about the longevity, it's about the gesture! :-)

• @qwertmcgurt haha i know but i just think its a waste of money. For the first few dates id be just as happy if he opened the door for me and didn't pick up his phone.

• Receive really follows the "i before e except after c" rule.

I see that the misspelling is really a typographical error, because you spelled correctly in the second option.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• On the first date a single rose is better than a bouquet. A bunch of flowers for the first date is a bit to much.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the girl. My wife doesn't like flowers cause they die. Some girls that I dated liked them so much that it results in dropped panties. It just depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • i would not give them because i think i will not get anything in return and i will look like an idiot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Flowers are cheap af, wtf. Id rather wait like month and gift her lingerie baha

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a in a flower man, I love to give ladies flowers and I worked at a floral store for a while so flowers are awesome.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most women love flowers.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how stupid she is...

0|0
    0|0
  • I wonder the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't do it.

I like giving flowers too.

Save it till you're a couple.

Women like the idea of flowers. If she's already crazy about you, and not sure how you feel, she'll love it.

That's rarely the scenario.

0|1
    0|0