GUYS & GIRLS; IS THIS TRUE?

After a fight if a man insists on being left alone, is it a good idea to check in once in a while or just let him have his time and come to you? If we don't speak for a few weeks, will that make him miss me or forget me?

Most Helpful Guy

• If someone says, "I need something" and it is a legitimate request for their health, then you should give that to them. Failure to abide by it is a violation of their boundary and means you are a boundary violator, which is bad behavior.

What can be done is to establish expectations. It isn't fair for someone to say..."leave me alone... indefinitely" without expectation... while in a relationship. It is fair to ask, "I do want to know what is going on or where you are at, when will you contact me? I respect your need for space, but I do want to know what to expect" It isn't fair to ask me to wait forever. If they say 2 months, then it is two months.. You can ask for something else, but you are just pissing them off more... If they don't respond in short (and I'd do that via voice call ideally), then you got your answer and you are done or they are incapacitated.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better to leave him be.

What Guys Said 7

• There is nothing wrong with checking up on them once in a while but ideally speaking you should respect his boundaries and let him take his own time

• This question was asked before... If I tell my wife to leave me alone for a bit, there are two reasons, one is I am working and need to focus.. The other os we just had an argument and I don't want things to get any worse. On both, full stop, leave me alone if I ask. I will come to you when I am finished or when I am ready.

• It all depends... is she coming back to apologize? LOL

• hahaha

• TBH, I don't like arguing so and I am normally the one to say, I think we need a little time out and come back to talk about this before someone says something they regret.

By that I mean, let me do a few things to chill and think and then lets talk in couple of hours like adults.

• Yes leave us to our thing

• Yes leave him alone...

• True!

• Most likely forget you :/

What Girls Said 0