Anyone out there who understands please answer this?

Hello, I'm an 18 year old woman. And at this time in my life I feel more confused then ever. I've been in a relationship for almost a year and a half gave this man everything my whole life including moving away from everyone I know possible. Anyway, he lost his dad a couple months ago and so now our relationship can't be the same. He's careless now doesn't want a future and doesn't want really anything for us anymore. When we get in fights he gets physical with me now and i just don't understand. I feel like all I'm good for is a maid I feel brainwashed and sucked from the world. I don't even know myself anymore. I just don't understand. Is there anyone who can give me proper advice without any hateful comments?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it started since his dad died, it certainly has everything to do with his father's death. He didn't know how to deal with it and he needs help to be the way he was before. But it seems that you can't help him, only professional people can do it. So, if he does not admit that he needs help and doesn't seek it, I unfortunately can't be optimistic about this whole situation.

• I do everything for this man but i keep failing at helping him.

• He won't get help I've tried so many times. I don't know what to do I literally have nothing without this man. No money. Food, job or home. I'm stuck

• There's always somewhere you can go. You just can't continue like this or it will be even worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like he doesn't know how to cope with his dad dying. He needs professional help. You dont deserve a guy like that. What do you feel like doing?

• I don't know I feel like I have no thoughts left to decide what to I feel so lost

• Same I threatened 911 too but the last time I did that he took my phone and threw. it. I told him maybe we need a break but he freaked out and i felt so bad

• Dont feel bad. he's making you feel bad and you have to do what you need to so you can feel safe and get away from him. Maybe call 911 when he isn't around? I still think you need to call your family and get out of there.

What Guys Said 5

• Wow this suck in every way possible. He lost someone very close and that has thrown his life in turmoil. At this point he isn't himself mentally or emotionally. It is no excuses to turn away from you , especially to become violent with you. At this point you really should ask your self if you should start considering going back home and allow him to sort things out for himself , and then see if there is a y'all left

• I'm only 18 tho

• If your on your own age wouldn't have any bearing on wherther or not you could stay in these shelters or not

• If he has become abusive it is time to leave and go back home. I know it is a horrible thing to lose a parent, but that does not give anyone the right to be abusive.

I think you should leave and maybe go back to him if he gets his own life straightened around.

You may be doing him a favor by leaving, it might spark him into realizing he has to change!

• You have to still have relatives? somewhere? I am sure they would help in a crisis situation like this.

• They won't because when I was homeless they wouldn't that's why me and my boyfriend live with his family

• He needs time to figure out!. You need to break the relationship.. And promise not to go in any other relationship.. And need to keep that promise and help him figure out as a Friend..

• I guess because he lost a male figure in his life he feels like he has no direction and is taking it out on everyone close to him for his loss, no telling how long his grieving period will be but he should get some counseling

• you need consultation with family and trusted friends

What Girls Said 0