Does anyone have a successful long-distance relationship? If so, how did it start an how do u make it work?

1|0
3|2

Most Helpful Guy

• well mine is probably a little different than what you are talking about. we started out being together (we both went to college in baltimore, md). about 6 months into our relationship she did a 4 month study abroad program in australia. we just made a committment that our feelings for each other were strong enough that we'd wait the time no matter what.

we tried to talk on the phone a couple times a week and emailed each other constantly.

it was hard for sure. lots of lonely night. it was especially tough with the huge time difference but ultimately our feelings for each other were what we leaned on to get through the time apart

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have a really successful one, and I truly thought ldr could really work, we were together in the ldr for 4 years, but then it all started going downhill, not that it was the perfect relationship before that but we were doing ok, now I wouldn't recommend anyone to get into one, they are way too hard, you think you can do it but in reality you're slowly dying a little inside as the days go by, they just bring too much unnecessary suffering

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• It never works! THE END!

0|1
    0|0
  • there are no successful LDRs, and thats the truth. like anonymous girl said "you slowly die inside as the days go by" you're better off finding someone who lives closer to you.

0|0
    0|0