Why do people say there's someone for everyone?

I'm 16 and I've never had a girlfriend as I was rejected and humiliated both times and the rest I didn't ask out because I had decided they weren't worth the trouble, not my type, get into too much trouble, or I simply can't stand them. I ended my two year long depression last January, I started cutting in January 2015 not to relief pain but to inflict it and stopped last December. Some people in gym class noticed the cuts and blood writing on my arms and I'm required to wear a t shirt so I did it on my thighs instead, luckily they said nothing. I blame those girls for this, if they had kept their mouths shut like they promised me they would none of those things would have happened. The first girl tried to talk to me last year but I threw her on the ground as I said "get the fuck out of my face". I'm losing hope there's anyone for me but why do people always say there's someone for everyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• There IS someone for everyone. You're only 16- you are way too young to be freaking out about never having had a girlfriend. You have tons of time to find someone who is right for you. In the mean time, seek help for your depression and aggression problems. Tackling those will help you live a happier life in addition to helping you find someone.

• I don't have aggression problems

• If you worry about their opinions they can control you, they will drop your self esteem, you need to stop worrying about how you think others will see you and worry more about if you're satisfied with yourself

• There's a limit to what is acceptable. When you're hurting other people, you have crossed that limit. Period. Good luck in life- you obviously need it. I wish you the best.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is someone out there for everyone kiddo but your only 16 your young so don't sweat it, heck I didn't even start getting into the dating scene until about 16-17ish around there, so don't freak out about it to much, as for rejection well it's part of life you win some you lose some, just have to pick yourself back up and try again.

Just stop worrying about gals for a while and take some time for yourself to figure out and fix your problems if you have any then try again after you've made some progress.

What Girls Said 3

• You're only 16. And you've only been rejected twice. Now you're giving up. That's sort of pathetic dude.

• You think I care what you think?

• The moment we've all been waiting for

• And I only responded to tell you you're wasting your time but you don't listen stupid. Goodnight

• You're 16 and are giving up on love because you were rejected twice? Wow. You're 16 life has yet to screw your over.

• You have no idea what I've been through, but you will

• How many times do I have to say it?

• Until the end of time obviously.

• The fuck is your problem, man?

There's not someone for everyone, and we have a clear example of that in this post.

What Guys Said 3

• They just say that to pacify you or to make you feel less dissapointed, that's all. I really don't believe in that stupid sentence, yes that sentence itself is nonsense, stupid and totally illogical.

• Well you're only 16. I'm 18, and I think there ARE and HAVE BEEN girls "for me". But I just didn't take the opportunity to ask them out or whatever. Which is fucking stupid of me, but ya know... what am I gonna do about it.

• People are silly things. Silly, fragile things...