Do Guys Actually Care About Looks?

All of my aunts are overweight and would be considered unattractive by society's standards (crooked teeth, chubby face) but ALL of them have handsome and rich husbands.

0|0
10|29

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe they have unconventional beauty standards

Maybe their personalities are amazing and make up what they lack in physical beauty

Maybe they were hot when younger and just happened to age a lot worse than their husbands did.

Maybe you are underestimating their attractiveness while overestimating their husband's attractiveness.

Maybe... nope, that's all I got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 28

• They can I guess. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course they care, but not according to society's standards, but their own standards.

1|3
    0|0
  • Yes, they do care about looks

0|1
    0|0
    • they why did they marry ugly and overweight women?

• That's a very good question. I don't know maybe they didn't want too but they did so because of some compulsion or some pressure or for their own selfish motives like if she is very rich or something.

• They probably used to be pretty or something. Or their husbands aren't as handsome as you think.

Yes we care about looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we do care, but desperate times call for desperate measures.
    If you can't get a better woman, eventually you'll end up settling.

0|0
    0|0
    • Their husbands are good-looking and highly educated so definitely not desperate.

• Yeah I care about looks just as much as I care about the inside to actually and truly be attracted to someone you have to like and be attracted to both their personality and how they are as a person as well as be attracted to them physically.

0|0
    0|0
  • Life is all about being Hot. lol jk

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, first, they probably weren't always chubby. Secondly, everyone had crooked teeth, braces were only for the rich.

0|0
    0|0
    • they were overweight even before marriage.

• We most certainly do. And your aunts must have been pretty once upon a time. Or it could be that they're really well educated and have good careers... Or it simply be that they are excellent cooks... Basically, looks alone might not cut it with men looking to get married. But a pretty face never hurts one's chances in the relationships business

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we do care about looks , I won't be with a girl I am not physically attracted to her but there are other things beside the looks

0|0
    0|0
  • Some more than others.
    I admit I care, but feel I am not terribly picky. I know for sure it's not nearly as important to me as the inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • They were likely hot when younger. People go bald, get fat, get stretch marks and have kids. Their is more to a person than looks though

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do, some don't! Simple as that! I find physical attraction important sure, but it's not everything!

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as I find her attractive
    I don't care what society thinks
    I've been with skinny girls
    and bigger girls

society ain't gonna stop me from fucking her lol

0|0
    0|0
  • men care not because the media says so we care because its in our dna a healthy woman who looks nice and fertile will be healhty to bear children and for the child to survive and has good genetics

thats why :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat, yes. But not all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmaooo wtf. Maybe they married young? Baha Of course I care about looks, u can't banf personality OP

0|0
    0|0
  • naah i dont care about looks that much ,

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because guys are much less shallow than girls.

0|0
    0|0
    • Looks do matter to guys but if we like certain girls' personalities then that increases the attractiveness of those girls.

• To a certain point yes we care. I'm not going to get aroused by a dumpster fire.

0|0
    0|0
  • its like ugly people complain because they are ugly. i see ugly complex all the time lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • looks attract men... but what makes us stay is personality

1|0
    0|0
  • The most alpha and masculine men are also the ones least bothered by looks. Can confirm.

0|0
    0|0
  • To some degree, yes. Although guy's wouldn't notice things like crooked teeth, they are attracted to women by their appearances. Different guy's have different preferences, some may be considered ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all. But MOST.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we do. Your aunts might have been attractive at an earlier age...

0|0
    0|0
  • We no longer care about women

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl has to have a nice ass

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Everyone cares about looks to some point, but not everyone's standards are the same as what's socially considered attractive.

0|0
    0|0
  • They can overlook flaws or they might simply find your aunts attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys do care about looks, but sometimes when you fall in love with someone looks don't really matter.

0|0
    0|0
    • Looks matter to guys, but not as much as it does to girls. Even though society believes otherwise, girls happen to be much more shallow than guys. Looks are much more important to girls than it is for guys. Unless the guys are rich. Then he can be the most unattractive girl yet still be able to attract girls cause of his money.

• I don't care what any guys says... But yes they do.

0|0
    0|0
    • then why did they marry ugly and overweight women?

• I don't know. Some guys are into bigger girls. And some see beauty in a whole different way... So the girl that might be ugly may look beautiful to them!

• We do, but not as much as girls. Guys preferences in girls is very vast, diverse, and unpredictable. We find beauty in many different types of girls. Can't say the same about girls in guys since they usually only like the same type of guys. Either tall, rich, buff, etc usually. Just way too predictable. Girls are usually not attracted to guys for who they are but what they want or expect them to be.

• Yea they just not a fussy as we are. They like all types of women.

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably had great personalities

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone likes different things. Maybe they fell in love for their personalities?

0|0
    0|0
  • Are they really well-educated or something?

0|0
    0|0
    • They went to college and that's it.

• Do they have a profession?

It could be other things, like when they were younger they managed to impress their future husband.

I've noticed in University also there are people who you wouldn't expect to get together, but they do. I guess it' sbecause they're so young.

• Guys will screw just about any girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • Or maybe guys are less shallow than girls? If certain guys chose certain girls to be in a relationship with, I doubt it had to be just for screwing. Or else guys would just be in it for casual sex and never in it for a serious relationship.

• @ConsultantIsBack Well every girl I know is getting banged regularly including the ones who honestly are below average in looks.

• I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS EARLIER TOO. TODAY AT THE MALL I SAW THIS SLOTH LOOKING GIRL WITH DAMAGED HAIR AND A BIT CHUBBY SHE WAS WITH A HANDSOME BOYFRIEND OMG AND MY UNCLE - HE LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING MODEL AND HE' S MARRIED TO THIS UGLY GIRL WITH A STUPID FACE I don't know WHY THIS HAPPENS

0|0
    0|0
    • I DONT KNOW WHY YOU FELT YOU HAD TO TYPE THIS IN ALL CAPS!!! LMAO 😂😂