Would you marry someone who didn't want kids and who was only career oriented?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a while (serious relationship) but I NEVER wanna have kids and never will. I have other plans I'm planning to have my own big hopefully suscessful comany and that would take a lot of hard work but I'm up for it. So therefore I wouldn't have kids and I just don't want to not only for that reason but that's one reason there's also a lot of other reasons. I don't know if my boyfriend wants kids tho? If he does I don't think this would workout so when do you think is the best time to talk to him about it? And would you marry someone like this? by the way I'm not sure if I'm even gonna get married I don't know yet

We don't plan on getting married yet or anything and we've been dating for a few months but from the start he said he wanted something serious
Oh and I don't know if he wants kids

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that maybe you're really young to even consider marriage or having kids. Especially if you're career oriented. But maybe right now, you may not want kids or think that you may ever have them. Who's to say that when you hit your thirties, you might decide to change your mind. But I think you're fine. If you're boyfriend wants to marry already and is thinking about kids, then maybe you shouldn't be with him. If he's only brought it up because down the road it's something he wants, then maybe think it over.

• Nooo I absolutely never ever want kids no matter how old I am mostly because of that reason and some other reason but he hasn't brought it up yet he just told me from the start he wants something serious and that he loves me, I love him too tho but it's complicated

• Hmm, if having kids is what he considers "serious", then maybe it's best that you both shouldn't be together. Because he's giving up something that he really wants in order to fulfill your wants and needs. I think you need to have a serious talk with him about his wants and yours. if you both can't somehow figure out a solution, then I think the answer speaks for itself. It just sounds like you both want something different in life that really matters.

Most Helpful Girl

• YAAAAS please we can get pets instead.

• And yes you have to tell him, so that if you do happen to have different views, he won't feel like you've been leading him on or wasting his time.

What Guys Said 15

• No I would not, I want kids (badly). You should talk about it to him mention it to him before things get to invested because if thats his goal a family then you two are not right for each other and its best if he has time to sort out what he wants ie you or a family.

• Tell him now. Don't wait cause it will only make things more difficult. It's something very important, so you can't just let it go.

I wouldn't marry a woman that doesn't want kids, cause I really want kids. I'd love that she'd be very ambitious in her career, but I need her to want kids.

• How do I tell him? I don't even know if he wants kids tbh

• Just bring up the talk. Ask him if he wants kids. Don't make it difficult.

• Yeah, I don't want kids so that would be ideal for me.

Realistically you are limiting your dating pool but there are definitely a lot more guy who don't want kids compared to girls who don't want kids.

• Personally, it would be a dealbreaker for me because I want to have kids one day.

You should definitely let him know, since both of you are in a serious relationship.

• yes, i dont like kids. besides, there a lot more important things in life then catching over a young human being.

• Yeah ikr that's what I'm saying too

• I'd tell him now, spare both you and him getting any closer because if does want kids then this relationship won't work.

As for me I'd leave as soon as I heard you didn't want kids, automatic deal breaker for me. And I wouldn't want my time wasted if you didn't tell me upfront.

• Yes.

• That is a perfect match for me. Exactly what I'm looking for.

• When you start to get serious is when this information becomes important, and that's the time to discuss it. And no I wouldn't marry one.

• I'm not sure. If I get married, I would like to have kids. I'm not sure I'd consider it to be required, though.

• No i wouldn't. wouldn't marry a woman too career oriented either. You should tell these kind of things early on

• Nope that won't work for me

• Nope.

• I want kids and a wife. So heck no, I wouldn't stay with a girl if she was focused on becoming big. And Tell him as soon as possible. Why waste each others time? He could be looking for the right girl by now.

• But I don't know how to say it and I'm not sure if he wants kids

• A few months

• Just ask him while you two have nothing to do.

What Girls Said 5

• You have to discuss kids before marriage and if you don't agree on what you want, then don't get married just to face that same problem.

• You should talk to him about it soon so no time is wasted. I personally won't marry someone who wouldn't want kids.

• You gotta tell him this ASAP if you haven't already cuz if he does want kids, well then you two are incompatible.

• Nope never ever. I want kids and lots of em.

• No I couldn't do that.