How do I break the texting addiction?

I get a rush whenever I get a text from this guy. We had been going back and forth for days and then his replies got shorter and shorter. But he still replied. Well, he didn't reply to my last text on Monday. And so I haven't texted back. This is day 3.

He said I welcome to see him anytime, but now I feel like he wants to end the relationship.

How long does it take to break the spell he has me in? I think the world of him and I've fallen for him hard. I'd like to talk to him about how I feel, but I don't want to kill it with "The Relationship Talk."

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, good move not texting him when he didn't text you back. As a texting addict myself, I understand your situation. Sometimes though when too much texting happens early in the relationship, it kills some of the rush for the guy. Girls seem to become more interested, but guys become less interested if there's too much right in the beginning. Loses some of that "i miss you" factor. No harm done though. Just don't text him until he texts you back since he didn't answer you before. And when the texting starts back up again, don't make the convo's too drawn out. Make plans to go out instead. And don't always jump on your phone and drop everything when he texts you. Wait a little bit before texting him back from time to time so he knows that you have a life and are a busy girl. Good luck!

• Haha, and he will text again. Right? Of course he will, they always do. You can set your watch to it. Right? I keep telling myself that. ah, I am better than this!

• Haha sometimes it takes a long time. but I've never had a guy not come back at some point. just give it time!