When dating someone new how much are you willing to spend on the first date?

It doesn't matter if you're splitting the bill or paying it all yourself, whether you are male or female, or whatever else you want to come up with. It's your money; how much are you willing to spend on a date? Does it vary based on how attractive the other person is?

• 19 or less
  • 20
  • 40
  • 60
  • 80
  • 100
  • 101+

Most Helpful Girl

• With someone new, I probably wouldn't be willing to spend more than $30-$40 total, whether we're splitting the bill or I'm covering it. That's not to say I'd cause a scene if the bill was a little higher, but I certainly wouldn't aim for that. Once I'm committed to someone, I am willing to invest more.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am 61 years old and I currently have a girlfriend but I was dating last year before I met my sweetie. I like to have first dates at nice, quiet restaurants and maybe go to an upscale lounge afterwards for a few drinks and more conversation, if the date is going well. It is easy to spend $70-80 for dinner and $30+ for a few drinks. Every date is not that extravagant but you don't get a second chance to make a strong first impression.

What Girls Said 15

• I prefer to do things that don't cost money in the beginning. I don't want anyone confusing liking me with liking the event. I keep it simple. Plus in my opinion leave the more costly things to when you get complacent ;p

• Not more than $50 for the two of us, but I'd prefer that the first few dates are either free or extremely cheap.

• It's a really bad idea, in my opinion, to spend more than $20 or so on date if you're not in a relationship.

• considering ALL my relationships crashed and burned, not a lot, heck a quick drink in a pub or a bit of bowling is good enough no need to rush into anything serious , its more about getting to know someone rather than splashing out on the cash.

• A decent meal is mm $40.00 a drink or two would be 16. So I would say roughly $60

• 100 the most

• I got a guy to take me to a Brazilian steakhouse on the first date once. It's a buffet-type deal so around $50/person

• Depends on the date but normally I like casual dates so prolly not very expensive anyway

• no more than $100 but it depends what the date is

• All i need is a happy meal and that'll do me.

• I think 40 is good. I prefer a simple coffee on fist date.

• Considering you could have a lot of first dates, I think it doesn't really make sense to spend a lot unless you knew the person beforehand as in a friend or co-worker or something of that nature but outside of those, maybe 25-30$ per person.

• 30-35 together. No need for an expensive restaurant when it's all about conversation.

• As much as it takes to have a fun date

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 4

• The coffee date is perfect first date, doesn't cost much and is low key and in a relaxed environment. We could do hiking or take a walk, or even get ice cream, doesn't have to be dress up and pretend were someone were not, I'd rather see little make up and regular clothes at first meetings then go for dress up and proper date, that way I can see the normal you and the best you.

• Not too much, especially on first date. As a guy you definitely don't want to be "qualifying" yourself. Luckily some of the best first dates, like outdoors, cooking, dancing are pretty cheap generally.

• I usually take them to same restaurant, Waitresses know I'm getting in when I go so like any time they ready bahaha

• i spent about 70$ on my first date with my boyfriend because :3 his puppy dog eyes got me to by him the first thor movie xD when we were at the mall next to the fair i took him to xD