SHOULD WE HAVE SEX soon? I've been with my boyfriend for 9 months now. He's been patiently waiting for me. Would it bring us closer?

• Yes do it
  • No , wait until 18

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say wait till you're bit older, there's no such thing as patiently waiting, if he likes you he will wait as long as needs be and not push it onto you. I lost my virginity at 17 not far off 18 about 7 months till my 18th birthday, but im not longer with this guy we split up 4 years ago and since have had another failed relationship, so could you handle it if you guys broke up? age has nothing to do with it anyway but it is best to wait till you feel more ready and mature for that its not a bit of fun, if you end up pregnant, think of the consequences don't just jump into bed to keep him else he's not the right person for you! it is also a very emotional and intimate thing, i regret my first time everyday and I don't mind openly admitting that, because once you've shared such a close bond with someone then share it again with someone else its becomes more of a need task to do in a relationship then feeling close to should be your one true love, a need you want to fill? doesn't sound so great, I've gone without any sex now for 2 years.
    I really wish I'd waited for the right person for me, too many peopl, e are going out losing it at 16-18 then regretting it, I wish no matter how uncool this sounds I'd waited till my twenties

• by the way sorry for any spelling errors my laptop kept playing up.

What Guys Said 4

• it could be for better or worse, or the same.

bottom line, you won't know until you try.

• I don't like the options on the poll, you should wait until you feel the urge to do so, the question sounds as if he pushes you towards that decision. Wait but not necessarily until 18

• It could go either way. It always brings me closer, but that's just me

• wait until the marriage

What Girls Said 9

• Something I wish I would have known, I was 17, had dated my boyfriend for 4 years and he patiently waited. Once we had sex, there was no patiently waiting anymore. It was expected regularly and I never thought that part through when I made the decision to sleep with him the first time.

Also, are you ready for a child? If not get on birth control. I found myself pregnant at 18.

One last thing: a baby isn't the worst thing you can catch. I see so many young girls at work who thought they had faithful boyfriends, or who have multiple sex partners and end up with all kinds of stuff going on down there.

• Just because he's patiently "waiting" doesn't mean you have to rush into it. Sex doesn't bring any relationship closer, if he loves you and if you love him, I mean do it I guess. But I would wait because you never know what might happen.. Your under 18, so to 17 and younger 9 months seems like a long time.

• If you are unsure, then likely it's a good sign you are NOT ready. When you are ready for sex, you'll have no doubt that it's the right time for it to happen. And no, sex can only bring 2 people closer if they are already close to begin with.

• No, sex is for making babies and babies shouldn't be having babies. You're not a grown woman, you're a child. And turning 18 doesn't make you grown either. Until you're capable of supporting yourself and a child then you'd be able to fully handle sex.

• You don't have sex to 'bring us closer'. You have sex because you want to. Now, if you're younger than 16 I'd say definitely wait. If you're older I'd say you could do it, but I'm assuming it's your first time. It's something you'll remember for a long time if not forever, are you willing to give him your virginity? If you trust him, are willing to and are safe, you could.

If, however, the only reason you want to have sex with him is because you want to 'bring us closer' don't do it. That perception of sex is just false.

Your first time will be awkward af, probably messy and you don't know what to do.

• Legal age, legal age, legal age.

• If you are asking yourself then you probably shouldn't. It should be naturally and no pressure on whether it'll bring you guys closer Or not. Only when you feel ready and if he is too.

• Wait until you both are of legal age

• If you're asking this then you're not ready for sex. Only do it when you feel 100% and comfortable to have sex, not because your boyfriend has been waiting or you believe it'll bring you closer.