Told the truth and now I think she's done?

I'm not sure what I was expecting but I've been seeing this girl for a few months but I'm still trying to get over my ex. I really do like her, care, and respect her so I told her the truth.

It took her 12 hrs to respond and all she said was "thanks I appreciate you telling me". I think she's done with us now just based on her response and how long it took her to say something.

This just sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well put yourself in her shoes. If you really liked someone and they told you they still think of their ex and aren't ready yet, I'm sure you wouldn't exactly be thrilled either. As a rule, never ever date if you aren't over your ex yet.

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah it's over man.

at least you did the right thing, not wasting anymore of each other's time. it's really hard for a person to stick around when they know you're still hung up on someone else and in the process of moving on, because your full attention won't be on them.

What Girls Said 2

• yeah bc she doesn't want to feel like a rebound.

• Thanks. You think if she was still up for seeing me she would've said more than that?

• You don't think you're overreacting just a little bit and jumping to conclusions?

• Maybe but you don't think it's telling that it took her 12 hrs to respond?

What Guys Said 2

• probably, maybe, don't know what the truth is. This is why it is sooo much better to talk than text. We read in so much to the text that is and isn't said, that it creates assumptions. Wouldn't it be better to sit down at a nice place and talk to her rather than text?
    Sorry if it is...

• Well yeaa it sucks.. She deserves to be with someone better so yeaa you did the right thing