A guy wants to make a good impression on a first date but he doesn't want to seem too eager, too needy, too desperate. Should he bring flowers to the lady on their first date?
I never did that when I was younger. Over the years, I got older and wiser so, when I was dating about 10 years ago, I would bring a lady a single yellow rose. In the Victorian Era, the yellow rose symbolized friendship and the hope of new beginnings. I told a few guy friends that I did that and they all thought I was nuts, but I kept doing it anyway. Most of the ladies thought it was very nice. . . but ladies who are 40 or 50 years old don't have the same beliefs as younger women, so. . .
What do you think? Flowers on a first date: great idea or bad idea?
- I am age 13-21; I think it is a romantic and impressive thing for a guy to do33% (29)19% (8)28% (37)Vote
- I am age 13-21; I think it is a desperate, needy thing for a guy to do13% (12)19% (8)15% (20)Vote
- I am age 22-31; I think it is a romantic and impressive thing for a guy to do27% (24)19% (8)24% (32)Vote
- I am age 22-31; I think it is a desperate, needy thing for a guy to do18% (16)9% (4)15% (20)Vote
- I am age 32+; I think it is a romantic and impressive thing for a guy to do1% (1)12% (5)5% (6)Vote
- I am age 32+; I think it is a desperate, needy thing for a guy to do2% (2)5% (2)3% (4)Vote
- None of the above6% (5)17% (8)10% (13)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
I think that a full bouquet may make me feel slightly uncomfortable because I love flowers and am very aware of how expensive they can actually be, but something smaller like a single flower would be really sweet.3
Most Helpful Guy
Well I think that the poll speaks for itself, lol, women have always confused me, they say they want chivalry and flowers, but then they don't like flowers, or you are desperate or trying too hard, want someone exciting and fun but end up with a guy that's a piece of poop, and now all guys are pigs while a dude is there to give a girl a shoulder to cry on, lol, I swear women have blinders on when it comes to some of the men they end up with, to them he's Prince Charming but in reality, it's pretty obvious he is a dickhead and a jerk. So confusing.1