I pushed the love of my life away. Now he has a Gf?

We aren't a thing we were never a thing. But i loved him for 4 years and he like me too off and on. But we never really got a chance together because there was never a perfect time, and it was me chasing him more than him chasing me even though I know he liked me. Finally came a time that was totally perfect and he was the one who REALLY wanted me but I got this little cocky happiness that finally I got my chance 5 months straight I had him to myself I could have easily got him by the snap of my fingers but I loved the attention he kept giving me so I didn't show those feeling back. Then i didn't understand that at the end spectrum I didn't realize I was pushing him away because he thought I didn't like him anymore. He moved on and got this girlfriend and congrats to him I mean it was 100% my fault but I'm strong to try to just forget him and hopefully get him in the near or far future. So my question is what do you think? Has this ever happened to you? I know I was acting stupid and immature by pretending not to like him and playing little kids games but I'm 18 and this taught me a lesson to grow

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something both guys and girls need to get better at. being upfront about their feelings and not dragging things out. this game is how people get hurt in the end cause one party is going to stop playing it soon enough and go for the things that actaully wants him/her

Most Helpful Girl

• I am in a similar situation with a guy friend of 2 years that I recently starting dating. I approached him admitting my feelings for him , but I don't know why things just felt awkward for me so i began pushing him away. So then he was chasing him wondering why I was pushing him away, i couldnt really explain to him why. but then we finally cut ties off and he started talking to a girl u used to talk to before i approached him, and i guess thats when i realized that i truly do like him so we got back on good terms and he told me he would stop talking to her. But now there are times when we have issues and i feel like he runs back to her whenever we have issues. And now i feel like he is being a little cocky and taking advantage of the fact that now the tables have turned, now im chasing him. its kind of pushing me away, but then I feel like this all couldve been avoided had I not pushed him away in the beginning. Or maybe he is just being childish, I don't know whether or not to continue with him or just keep it moving.

• Yes! I know the feeling! We are exactly in the same page it's one of the worst feelings!

What Guys Said 4

• why did you fuck yourself like this! WHY!!! it wasn't worth it bro!

hope you realize the error of your ways and don't repeat on the next guy.

• Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks. This is what growing up is all about.

• You played the game for too long and lost unfortunately. Consider it a learning experience.

• Wow, I hope you learn, you fucked yourself.

• That's what life's about making mistakes and growing! Thanks lol

What Girls Said 1

• Don't worry you will find someone.
    Try no to repeat this mistake again. Next time, Be bold about your feelings.