What does this text after a first date mean? Any suggestions?

I went on a first date last night with a guy I met online. I wasn't 100% attracted to him (he didn't look a lot like his photo) but he was really nice and I would have been happy to see him again. He seemed really into me, constantly smiling, asking a barrage of questions touching my hand, arm back etc. He told me I was gorgeous and interesting and lots of guys would be interested. I go the feeling he wanted me to go back to his hotel room (he is from out of town and had come to stay overnight and have dinner with me -which he paid for). I brought the date to an end myself as I felt that we'd had a lovely evening but it had been enough for a first meeting. And I felt he was being a bit pushy. I didn't feel happy to have sex on the first date so we kissed and parted ways. When I got home he had whatsapped me to check that my car was fine (it was low on water due to a leak) and I said it was and that I was home safely. I also felt that I'd perhaps been a bit less than encouraging and should clarify that I did want to see him again, so I told him. I'd had a great evening and would like to do it again - and next time I'd stay out later. He didn't reply until this morning when he said thank you for coming out and he'd had a great time. He said that he would be away throughout the summer (as he was travelling) but after that if I was in his city and wanted to catch an opera or ballet to get in touch with him. Then he said "In the meanwhile take care" and signed with a kiss. I replied with a Thankyou, hope you have fun this weekend! Xx (he was visiting friends) and he hasn't replied. I'm newly back on the dating scene and totally confused with guys who come on strong, tell me I'm gorgeous, and then flake out (one even said I was the woman of his dreams stunning beautiful and he wanted to be fine forever but 4 days later blocked me on WhatsApp!!!) So how should I interpret this? A polite "Thanks but no thanks" or a "I liked you and want to see you again?'

Most Helpful Guy

• Good job dating! if I read that right, he was from out of town and basically said, I'd be interested to see you again, when I'm in town or you are in my town. So that to me is a hookup opportunity, or friend, not a LTR relationship. He isn't saying, hey I like you, I want to keep conversing and get to know you is he?

The other one I'm not sure... guys will get turned on by womens attractiveness... I think women get better with age around your age. Or, they are just turning up the charm to get what they seek.

• hell is wrong with you? this guy played every card except "marry me" like the other guy she played... and she din give him none. "good job dating" hohohoh, thats like eating grass and sayin "good job , hunting."

• Maybe the former. Had I offered sex would. he have maybe been more engaged and into me?/

• helps to understand your thought process. My guess is no. I'm sure some women will counter me on that. see mytake.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a27872-guys-losing-interest-after-sex-ladies-wanna-know-why

Most Helpful Girl

• Online or Off, It does not matter, Every Tom is different With... So how should I interpret this?
    He Obviously has Great respect for you. You didn't end up back at his room, Which he knows by now you are not this pushover, And he is Showing you that he would like to go out again and do Something Special that does not involve Anything in between the sheets.
    Of course, With a second date, It could end up like this, But he is Not Expecting anything in return, And appears here, dear, To be something 'Different' than the Other... Flakes.
    Keep in touch with him, See where it might go.
    Good luck and Great work, @Memeb222 xx

• woman, whachu tryin to suggest to this girl huh? try to gold dig his wallet with her abstinence? woman, leave this girl alone, if she knows whats up she'll jump on that like michael jordan slammin a dunk! dont disencourage this girl. respect her? she hasn't heard from him... and she won't if she keeps that thang on a pedestal. you know!

• @mmmhhmm Please, use your own box, thank you.

• Thank you for your Vote of Confidence. xx

What Guys Said 4

• A guy coming on strong is either an indicator of he knows what he wants or he is after sex. I think you'd have to find out by talking with them on a first date where they stand on the issue of first date sex or are they more interested in a relationship.
    What made you feel the guy you recently went out with was pushy?
    Telling you your gorgeous is just a compliment.
    The guy that liked you and said you were the woman of his dreams, may have thought the feeling wasn't mutual.

• No I told him the feeling was mutual. I'm actually worried that I scared him off by not playing hard to get and seemingly too eager. He was lovely and I got excited as AI thought this might just be it... He unblocked me shortly afterwards but hasn't really. messages me much and actually ignored the message I sent him. last night which makes me feel really sad...

• Sometimes being too eager can be a turn off, keep in mind that we often blow things up in our heads and it could of just been him. One resource I recommend is Why men love bitches, and why men marry bitches, both by Sherry Argov, it's not about being mean but just standing up for yourself including how to pace yourself in love.
      Don't let his actions dictate how you feel, if it saddens you get up move and do some exercise to clear out those negative emotions, it will have a positive effect on you.

• it ain't mutual if ya didn't go back to his room now is it?

• He may have been disappointed if he expected to hook up with you. So either he's going to just go away (and you're better off) or he'll come back once he's gotten over it.

Some guys play games with texts. It's stupid.

• I think he likes you and wants to see you again. The thing is he wants you to visit him in his city.

• Seems to me like maybe he was just after sex.

What Girls Said 4

• god honey... SERIOUSLY? IT MEANS, "YOU'RE A PRUDE, AND YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE". it ain't all about you putting out, hot stuff, you meet guys online and think they wanna start a serious relationship with you WITH OUT HAVING SEX FIRST... honey he's barely getting to know you... none of that shit counts unless you already know each other. otherwise if you dont show him the sex is worth it, you wasting his time boo... dinner? opera? ballet? girl wtf do you think those cost? they ain't movie tickets to see captain america and a bucket of popcorn. this shit is weak, you're so proud of that pussy it never even crossed your mind that... HE WAS THE CATCH... not you.

• "Meanwhile take care" it seems to me that he will just be in touch with you when he feels like it. Honestly, leave it. Not worth to pursue.

• He just wanted sex. Usually when a guy says he's in whatever city for a limited amount of time that's all they want. Be more cautious next time

• wtf? she couldnt be more cautious. she had da madafucka call her to make sure she was safe at home. wtf is that called? this girl just wasted a fine dinner.

• oh... sounds definetly like a player. or at least he doesn't want something like a relationship but to have sex. but he couldn't get what he want so he find others.

• girl if you knew what a player was, you'd know that there wouldn't even be no dinner.

• duuuhhh, the guy was in town for one night. does that sound like looking for a relationship? wtf

• @mmmhhmm lol. For that reason, I said he doesn't want a relationship. My goddess... you are weird.