When you get rejected, do you assume something is wrong with you, or with the person who rejected you? Or do you assume you're just not a match?

• I assume there is something wrong with me.
  • I assume there is something wrong with him/her.
  • I assume we're just not a match.

Most Helpful Guy

• people lile different things. if she doesn´t like me, that´s just her taste. nothing wrong with either of us.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can be attributed to a lot of things generally, so I tend to just chock it up to we aren't compatible.

Or that they're gay.

Just kidding. ;)

What Guys Said 15

• Admittedly my initial response is that there is something wrong with me, however I have learned that maybe rejection isn't a bad thing, in the sense that I have been rejected by some ladies I was then later glad we didn't get together. I guess there can even be an up side to rejection. ;-)

• I said not a match, but in all honesty there is an option 4. That is, as a guy, we have to get past your "bitch shield" to get a date or progress in relationship. It is easy easy for a guy to mess that up. we have to practice, develop confidence and learn how to approach and win over the girl. So when I bomb out at that level, I take it as my fault that I did something wrong and learn how to improve next time. Girls are going to make excuses to defend against guys, so I expect that.

• This isn't false, but it isn't right either.
      My friends are both with women who don't make them work hard to "Win them over". They don't expect to be wood, nor do they adhere to bougus gender roles.
      In my book, both parties should be expected to put forth effort. Or hey, maybe no effort. But I know I sure as hell am not trying anymore because to me, most women aren't worth it.

• @Jimrat86 You are right. I'm not saying weeks and weeks of effort to win her attention. The scenario I was drawing from where I bombed out is within 20 min at a bar and lose the girl becuase I mess up. If I played it right, if my skills were better, I could have won her, I'm confident of that. Another online dating scenario, if I played my cards better, I think I could have won her over. Girls run easy... the work is getting past that initial few dates is what I'm thinking, at least to "win her where she is interested to consider you.". It isn't always hard, it just is approaching it right.

• I just assume we're not a match.

• I assume we're not compatible. I don't really dwell on why - just hit [next]

• i assume we are not just a match , most of times , but yea sometimes when i do something wrong i blame myself for it , sadly girls are much into the first impressions , they never give any guy some time to show up who really he is , so for a guy the first contact is the most important , so if he did something wrong , awkward or silly , she will have a bad impression and this means she will reject him. and also sometimes when the girl is thinking high of her self , when she knows that she can get better , richer or more handsome than me. she will reject me and may be i will feel that something is wrong or missing with me...

• I only tried with two girls my whole life after they showed me all the signals that they wanted me. Then rejected me in the meanest way possible. So damn right there was something wrong with them not me.

• Yeah it just isn't meant to be if i get rejected. I also lean toward something being wrong with the person

• A little of a and a little of c
    :(

• I would just say it's me who's not enough but I'm working in myself to not believe like that if that ever happens

• I assume there is something wrong with me

• Back in the day. I always assumed it was cuz I wasn't cute enough. Ten years ago it wasn't cool to be a skinny geeky guy lol

• I assume we're just not a match. I'm tired of the blame game.

• I really hate if a girl rejects me. I become very angry. After the situation I say lots of bad things to her ( far from her ).

• I assume there is something wrong with her. I'm extremely attractive and amazing in many other respects, for her to reject me just makes it not only her loss, but also proves to me that she would not have been worth my time anyway.

• I'm starting to think it's just bad luck. Also, that in romance and sex we don't control that much. Sometimes life just kicks your ass, and the best you can do is learn to thrive.

What Girls Said 8

• Nowadays tons of facebook posts say stuff like "I'm single cuz i haven't found someone who deserves me" I kinda agree lol so i'm gonna go with number 3.

• At first I'd feel not good enough for him and very moody, but later would contemplate out a conclusion that maybe we do not suitable to each other, or he simply not attracted to me and it's maybe not may problem.

• My first thought is that I was rejected because of either my personality or appearance
    Then after a while I start to realize that we were mismatched

• I would assume that I didn't meet their preference. Though I've never been rejected since I asked dudes that I knew I probably had a higher chance of saying yes.

• Voted A

• Unfortunately I always assume there is something wrong with me even though I know that is not fair to me to tell myself.

• All of the above. Rejection if you like someone is gonna feel like a whirpool of various emotions. I'd feel all of that at some point.

• I think it's me.