Girls, Would you date a guy 25 years older than you?

I am currently talking to an older guy. He is 50 and am 25. I like him and I feel something could happen. I know am a virgin and have few dating experiences but I would love to try. The only thing that bothers me is that he has 3 kids, some of whom are the same age as me and 2 of them went to school with my brother and I...

What do you think? Am I over thinking or is this a bad idea?

Thanks

Ok, so we decided I talked about it with him. I told him how I felt and thought we should remain friends. He was upset. He started telling me about my faults.. saying that I needed to be liberated and not worry about what people thought. He then apologized and said this

"I only wish that my deliberation will strengthen, encourage and en-power u , not discourage or stagnate u. In other words I am not dismissing our continued friendship"
Well its settled then...

33

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess if you really like someone, and attracted to them age doesn't really matter, as long as he ain't married when you too are together I don't see what wrong with you too being together. You both are adults, it would be different if someone was in his 30s, or 20s dating a sixteen year old, but you guys are both adults.

What Girls Said 32

• Please girl friend, don't feed his ego because that's all a young girl really is to a guy that age. I don't even want to date a guy who's 50. They usually look like a grandfather to me. Do you really have that bad of daddy issues that you need to replace him with someone else?

• @LJHam No I dont have daddy issues at all. I mean my parents were divorced when I was 5 but I see my dad as often as possible and we are cool. I was just playing with idea, cause I like him as a person, thats all.

• I'm glad to hear you don't have daddy issues. If you're okay with being a trophy girlfriend then go ahead. But always remember, you're just boosting his ego whenever your next to him.

• @LJHam I most definitely dont want to be a trophy wife. Thanks for your wise words.

• Nah.. I can't deal with the age different!

• No way. Kind of weird to me since he would be older than my dad. Also personally I wouldn't want to date a single dad especially at my age. Since you're bothered by him having kids and their ages in relation to yours, then maybe think twice about dating him.

• No I would never. My age range is 3 years younger, 3 years older. Absolute maximum would be 10 years but no more than that for me to be honest. I wouldn't date someone who could possibly have fathered me lol. Just too weird for me.

• @Rainie_ I agree. the oldest I've dated was a 12 yr difference.. this would be a whole new world to me.

• I mean it's not the norm and knowing some of his kids may have it awkward as hell. But do whatever you want you're an adult.

• @Cmasterson Yesss, I am a bit concerned about how they would see me.

• No, I wouldn't. We'd be in completely different places in life, he has kids, and it's too weird to me that he'd be practically as old as my dad.

You're a grown woman though, it's up to you.

• @heavenonearth he is older than my dad by a yr but it felt really out of the norm , the minute i considered it.

• I personally wouldn't, that's way too big an age gap for me. I think if you were to date the situation would be awkward.

• For your first serious relationship? I'd be a bit cautious.

• @Asker, not my first serious.. but thanks

• If it's sexual and the others weren't, I'd say it's more serious.

• @shadowlegend well am a virgin but I've done sexual things tho not intercourse itself..

• No way! It's too much.
    Plus, what would a 50 something guy would have in common with me? Nothing.

Well, his kids might not like the idea of seeing their father dating someone who is their age and whose brother went to school with them. So, I guess you have a problem.

Honestly, I think it's a bad idea. But it's your life, I guess you know what you want and what's the best for you.

Good luck.

• @menina thanks for your honesty. To be honest , as much as I like him , its a bit too much. Knowing his kids , knowing me. We might not even be compatible in the long run. If it werent for the kids, I might have.

• I'm glad you think so.
      You're welcome, I just tried to help to you.

• :) :) :)

• I personally would not date someone that much older than me

• Couldn't do it. But one of the teachers I work with is 50 and his wife is 30 so that doesn't mean it can't work. They just had their second child last month.

• @EllieLexis513 that sounds like a good range.. tho

• If you are just dating and have no intention of a serious long term relationship... then I think it is fine., But if you are looking for a a life partner or spouse... I think it would be a mistake.

• @Rissyanne why tho?

• I think you did the right thing. He sounded a little bitter at first.

• @Rissyanne thanks

• I believe he wanted some sex from you

• it's up to you, we can't tell you what to do. as you can see everyone is saying no but again that's YOUR preference. he could just want you because he wants to have fun or because he genuinely likes you.

good luck in your decision.

• Only if it was Johnny Depp or Vincent Cassel than yes... other than that. I'll pass.

• @Afro-dite9 Johnny Depp is dreamy <3

• I think you are nuts. I think you do not understand relationships are or what sex is. Honestly I think you need counseling

• @KattFeesh lol thanks for your honesty , why do you think I need counselling tho?

• Do you mean you would have sex with him if "he's lonely" but not if "years using you"? Either way he's using you. Using back you want. I wouldn't because there's too many fish in the sea. You clearly do not want to hook up with a guy 25 years older than you so clearly this would be a relationship only for sex. You cannot sit down hug each other and watch television together when he wants to watch the reruns of "All in the Family" or "the adventures of Superman With a Black and White Superman," what you want to watch, "True Broke Girls." lol. Once again too many fish in the sea. I would not go out with him again.

• ok thanks for your help.

• No, never.

• Nope. Too old for me. Maximum is 5 years for me.

• I am 16 and my ex was 23- obviously the difference isn't as big but considering I was so young it did feel that way. Love is love and at the end of the day age is just a number, so go for it and follow your heart. Good luck xx

• I would have no problem with that if I were in love with him.

• @damnwinter what if you and his kids went to school together?

• lol well it's weird but some things are bound to be, if you love him you do your best to get over them because he can't change those :)

• k thanks girl

• No way, I'm not gonna date anyone who could be my father.

• No. He grew up in a different era than I and we would have few in common to truly connect

• @kavyareddy2 very likely...

• I wouldn't do it for several reasons.

1. I want kids of my own.
    2. When you get old, you'll be living on your own for quite some time unless you remarry.
    3. His kids might not appreciate it all that much.

• thanks for you help :) but would you remain friends with him tho?

• Sure, I don't see a problem with that. :)

• kk thnx

• I don't like the sounds of that to be honest.

• what worries you tho?

• It's just, I don't know me personally wouldn't like dating people I knew in schools father

• ohh true

• Older guys date much younger girls for many reasons. One of them is being able to brag about it to their mates. It's a huge ego boost and while his friends are green with envy, such a guy feels like he hit the lottery.
    Knowing this, I would never date a guy that much older. I wouldn't trust that he's being sincerely with me because I would think he's doing it to impress his friends.

• I have a crush on a guy in his 50s too, so probably lol

• Uuuummmmm NO. I would never date someone that old. I don't think I would feel attracted ti him at all.

• For sex maybe. It couldn't last.

• Why sex alone? For experience?

• When there's a major age gap, a long term partnership may fail or cause major strife. When you're 40 he'll be 65. That's huge. You are in totally different parts of your life. It's like dating your dad. Think of each one of your lives as a path. At this point your paths can meet but then they'll merge away from each other not together.

• I see your point. Would it be weird to remain as friends and/or hang out with each other at least once a yr or would that be weird too?

• Oh gosh no, bad idea

• why you think so?

• *that

• ok thanks for your response

• Honestly? No way.

Not even just because of the age difference, but because what kind of guy would want to date a 25 year old? The kind of guy who is attracted to her youth, beauty etc.

If it was a mature guy, he would say well yeah I'm attracted to this girl but she's so young she has her whole life ahead of her, why should I get tied to her and stop her from enjoying her life?

Only you know him and can decide whether he's a good guy or not, but I would think a 50 year old whose had kids as old as you and still wants to date a young girl is likely a selfish person

• More from Girls
    2