Any advice for a poor lonely soul?

So, i am interested in a girl at my university, but i dont know how to ask her out or even get her number... She and I have met in at least one class during last fall and this spring. We have had semi short conversations, mainly before and after class. I want to get to know her, but I'm not sure how since I'm essentially a failure at social skills... The last two semesters I've noticed her giving me a glance when she thought i wasn't paying attention. She and i share a few hobbies, and get along fairly well when we chat, although the longest conversation we had was probably 10 or 15 minutes. I'm fairly certain that we will again share a course this summer (which starts Monday). I want to try to get her number the next time I see her, but I really don't know how to do it. I keep thinking in my head "oh hey you want to exchange numbers incase one of us miss a lecture?" But that doesn't really show that I want to message her so I can get to know her. Then I thought "hey we have been in a few classes, but I never did get your number. You're a really interesting person and your always fun to be around, so I just thought that we could chat more often." But that just seems to awkward... I honestly have no idea what to do. I was never really the person to have friends or anything like that, and it's just so frustrating. I want to get the point across that I'm interested, but I'm not really a go getter. I could just be worrying about nothing, and she might not even notice me the first day. And ideas or advice?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Hey I just met you , and this is crazy but hier is my nuber , sorry I had to but as for the problem just be modest hey long time no soon if you need anything hier is my nuber , or just hey how are you today... I was wondering if I could get your number. Or just ask her what plans she has after school. But you need to be confident that you will get the number. 😉

• "hey we have been in a few classes, but I never did get your number. You're a really interesting person and your always fun to be around, so I just thought that we could chat more often."

That doesn't sound awkward to me. Just do it.