Have you ever been in love with a weirdo?

Someone who was super different to you, yet you had a lot in common with. Someone who had the weirdest tastes in music, art, fashion or films. What was it like? What were they like?

I guess someone who challenged the way you view the world. Weird as in they had pink hair for example or were super artistic in a way you'd consider weird. I don't know, I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about

Most Helpful Girl

• Background : I dated (?) this guy on and off over the course of one year. He was upfront and honest about his medicated bipolar disorder on our first date. I admired that about him, and have had close relationships (friends, family) with the mentally ill for most of my life, so I felt comfortable with his instability, if that makes sense. But...
    What was it like? We were on shaky ground with each other due to the ambiguity of the relationship, despite the fact that we both identified as monogamous. One wanted to commit when the other didn't. It was electrifying, fascinating, dreamy, and exciting. It was also confusing, uncertain, and crushing, emotionally speaking.

What was he like? He was complicated, to say the least. While he was on his meds he was balanced, for the most part, but still a bit eccentric. As for his meds themselves, he would frequently stop taking them for whatever reason that popped into his head. He was a very eclectic individualist, independently minded, and was a really curious and enthusiastic person despite his occasional black moods and a distinctive dark side, which he kept hidden, among a lot of things. I only had a glimpse of that side of him once, and that was first time that he really scared me, and I questioned my safety. Even while he was on meds, he was eccentric in small, little ways. He was briefly interested in an array of different things during our relationship, like demonolgy, and many other other fringe subjects. He would pick something up, burn it his heart and soul into it for a little while, and then forget about it later. He liked to dress up very sharply some days and could care less on others. He loved colorless tattoos and had several all of his body and face. During our relationship, he was going to open a clothing store and move to Alaska, none of which never happened. He was a gifted poet, although he criticized himself ruthlessly, which writers are liable to do I guess. He stopped writing and took classes at his local community college to become mechanic, going on to take first place among his peers. He had a knack for fixing things. Everything about him : his sense of style, interests, and opinions were constantly evolving, for better or worse, depending on the time of day. He was an extremist, passionate. He was more like a serial monogamist, and found it difficult to stay faithful to one woman, which he was also honest about. Yeah, complicated. Can you tell that I miss him haha

• I'm so sorry... Sounds like he was a very interesting individual. just be grateful to have had the chance to love someone as special as him. then move on with your life. Think about all the boring relationships people have, falling in love with such dire creatures. So don't worry, you'll love again and you deserve to be loved in the same way. Take the best away from the experience and try to find other things to motivate you. I know how you feel though, I fell in love with someone who is clinically depressed and probably has some sort of mood disorder. I'm the type of person who gets bored really easily with everyone, can't spend more than 2 days with someone without feeling like there's nothing exciting left anymore. With him, I couldn't get enough, kept me on my toes, treated me good and bad and I don't think I'll meet anyone like him ever again. I used to be in constant agony every single day, never knew it was possible to be in so much pain for so long and over one single human.

• Thanks, I'll most def check it out. Always on the look out for new music, that's me!

Yeah, I can really relate. I've only been in two serious relationships, but that song lyric from One Headlight, "man I ain't changed but I know I ain't the same," was relevant each time. I don't think I've ever met someone who has been so completely transformed by relationships the way that I have. It's taking me a lot longer to get over it than I'd hoped. My friends look at me like I'm crazy and tell me to just get over it already, but I've been positively transformed in ways that I would never have dreamed possible during the worst of it while I contemplated suicide. Yeah I agree completely, and I wish the same for you, Goldie. We all deserve to be treated with love and respect, even if we don't always feel worthy of that fact. Improving yourself in the meantime like you said will build love and respect for yourself over time, which can only be given back to you by your next partner <3

• yeah, I too underestimated how long it would take me not to care. These feelings run so deep, I think it's because you open yourself up to the core and when they don't want you, you feel like it's your essence that they're rejecting. We don't show our essence to many people, perhaps only our lovers get to see it, so we become very vulnerable. I never really care for much and I get over stuff pretty quickly, but this is slowly sucking the life out of me. One thing that's helpful is confronting them and telling them how they made you feel. I wrote a message to him yesterday, because I was tired of living with these thoughts in my own head, had to release them. He never even replied... whatever, at least now he knows. Hurts like hell, but I guess I'll get over it. It really does help letting them know how much they've affected your life, pride was stopping me for a long time but I'm glad I did now. I wrote everything, the good and the bad. Feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope. I just date pretty mainstream, feminine, stylish kinda girls, which I think wouldn't be considered weird to most people, since that's a really arbitrary term.

• define 'normal' as opposed to 'weirdo'

• I'm the weirdo they fall in love with

• No. Only been in love one time and she was fine

• No I haven't loved anyone let alone a weirdo

• I hate people thinking there is a normal. We are all normals, even the most perverted people. My girlfriend is a master degree asocial. She had many weird traits in her personality. I just loved her with all these weird things.

• there's people who live their lives in a traditional way, following trends and there are ones who make an effort to be different and to explore further than what's on the surface of things. I think those are the type of people who become different from everyone else. Who are not normal, which I think is mesmerising to see.

• There is no traditional way. We all live different lives. Our lives has no same trend. We have all different functions or equations and we should calculate the area with integral, not the summing factor because our lives are not linear.

What Girls Said 13

• Eh, weird is a bit subjective. My boyfriend is definitely different than me, but we are also quite similar. He's a bit odd, but I love him all the same.

• Nope. I stay away from anything thats opposite of me.

• I can't say I have, but I'm the weird one in my current relationship. So he has to deal with me😋

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk

I think me and my boyfriend are both weirdos.. Take a song by the way

• Why would you think they're weird just because they like different things?

• weird to me. I didn't say it was a good or bad thing. weird is not an insult, it's a descriptive word.

• Then use the word "different". "Weird" does have a negative connotation.

• Not in love though.
    But i have dated a weird guy. He wasn't that weird though. He was just a class clown.

• That's not really being a "weirdo" lol
    Just sounds like they march to the beat of their own drum

• Yeah. He's a weirdo, but he's my weirdo :)

• Someone like Edward Scissors? No...

• Everyone had a little weird in them :) so yes, I have :)

• My ex was probably a weirdo. For the first few months it was amazing. Then he became an asshole,

• No, I thought I was.. But no

• Yes he was weird as fuck