Why Don't White Parents Care About Who Their Daughter Dates?

All the Asian and Arab parents I know are extremely overprotective about you their daughter can date. The guy is not allowed to touch their daughter or have sex with their daughter before marriage. They make sure if the guy makes enough money to take care of their daughter.

Most Helpful Girl

• High divorce rate in America can be attributed to premarital sex and lenient parents.

• i doubt it

• You have point there actually

• You realize my parents didn't have to have sex with their first loves for them to cheat on each other.

Giving you heart away is a lot more powerful than first sex

What Girls Said 13

• Because they treat us as adults who can make our own choices because we are adults and we don't belong to our parents. If my dad told me to break up with my boyfriend because he's poor I'd probably be mad because we are both young and broke university students and I can make my own money anyways I don't want to rely on someone else's money. My mom and dad respect me enough to let me make my own choices and to believe that I can take care of my self all they care about is that he's kind to me which he is and my parents love him because he loves me!

• That's racist. Plenty of "white" parents care about who their children date just as much as parents from different cultures.

• If you read the book or watch the movie Pride and Prejudice, you will see that things like that definitely used to be important. But in today's society, at least in America anyway, the culture is different. Women are often employed and don't need to rely on a man to support them. Religion is also not as prevalent in society as it used to be, so the sacredness of a virgin isn't really that big of a deal anymore

• Dude where have you been? Every time I even bring up the thought of a boyfriend around my dad, he always says it's not gonna happen. I can't even hang out with a guy friend without my family thinking it's a date. Then again, some girls have been dating since 4th grade & the parents don't care. It depends on the parents, not the race.

• They do.

• Whites are more liberal in that department. Have been for a quite a few decades now.

• But plenty of white parents do care. It's just that there are probably more white women who are willing to make decisions beyond what their parents think compared to Asian and Arab girls.

• You are making a generalization. How would like white people to do the same for you?

• Just because a person is white doesn't mean they don't care about who their daughters date. I'm white and I grew up in a very strict home, my dad was very overprotective of whom I should date, and so was my mother.

• cuz of cultural values and all that nonsense

• I know a lot of white parents who care, lol.
    People can date without parents finding out ya know.

• I'm white and I'm not even allowed to date soo...

• I would wonder the same thing! I'm Hispanic and my parents care a lot on who I date they ask if he's going to school if he has a job what type of family does he come from. And they didn't let me date till I was 18! which I guess it's good

What Guys Said 12

• Not sure if only white parents are that way. Overprotective parents will only cause their kids to fail, because they sheltered them from the real world.

• We are concerned about our daughters' welfare, but we do not control them. After they are 18, they become adults in their own right and can do what they want. They are free to make their own choices, just as sons are. We can only advise from our own experiences.

• You have not met my female freind's parents yet. Oboy they would scare your socks off. Most white parents trust their daughters to date good people. Why I'm not sure because often it does not end up that way.

• They live in a different society than we live in. Our society has evolved from an influx of many different cultures. Asians and Arabs have only been allowed into the country for about 100 years or so and even during WW2 we sent up Japanese interment camps to keep Japanese off the street. Their cultural rituals are still very present and much of this is focused on keeping family lineage as well as respecting ancestors. Still, I know a lot of White Christian parents totally against sex before marriage and are quite focused on making sure their daughter are good housewives.

• I'm pretty dam sure majority of parents regardless of race care and hope who their daughter is dating is a good person...

• My Asian parents don't care who my sister dates.

As an Asian man, I only like white women and don't date women of other races, including my own.

• if anything it should be why dont black people care about who their daughter dates. i'v seen my sister fuck around with this homeless guy who was 1 year younger than her and shit. when she was like 16

• My white friends' parent all care who they date.

• White parents care too but they they don't get overprotective that's it.

• Because we aren't living in the 1800's

• Loose society
    Lack of religion / fear of God
    Non existent family values

• Asian girls are pretty easy...